Sen. Ted Kennedy Hospitalized After Suffering 2 Seizures

HK4U

Probably over dosed on alcohol.

Link Removed

Ted Kennedy is beloved and respected on both sides of the aisle in the Senate in which he's been a giant for close to half a century, a legend in Massachusetts

A legend in his own mind.

Kerry said in a statement. "We know that everyone in Massachusetts and people throughout the nation pray for a full and speedy recovery for a man whose life's work has touched millions upon millions of lives."

Yep, touched millions of lives, but not in a good way.

Scripture tells us to pray for our enemies so I will pray for him. Doing what God commands is not always easy.

Sen. Ted Kennedy has been hospitalized in Boston after apparently suffering two seizures Saturday morning.

The Massachusetts senator and remaining patriarch of the Kennedy family does not appear to have had a stroke as was initially suspected, but is undergoing more tests.

One Democratic source told FOX News Kennedy, 76, suffered one seizure in the morning, and then another en route to Massachusetts General Hospital, where he is being evaluated.

A spokeswoman confirmed he had at least one seizure in the morning.

"He is undergoing a battery of tests at Massachusetts General Hospital to determine the cause of the seizure," Kennedy's Senate office said in a statement. "Senator Kennedy is resting comfortably, and it is unlikely we will know anything more for the next 48 hours."

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, speaking at the Nevada Democratic Convention in Reno, said he spoke to Kennedy's wife Victoria Saturday afternoon and was told "his condition is not life-threatening, but serious."

RelatedStories
RAW DATA: Edward M. Kennedy Bio Photo Essays
Ted Kennedy Photo Essay Kennedy is at the hospital with his wife and was visited there by Senate colleague John Kerry, D-Mass. The hospital is highly regarded and Kennedy has received treatment there before for other medical problems.

"Ted Kennedy is beloved and respected on both sides of the aisle in the Senate in which he's been a giant for close to half a century, a legend in Massachusetts," Kerry said in a statement. "We know that everyone in Massachusetts and people throughout the nation pray for a full and speedy recovery for a man whose life's work has touched millions upon millions of lives."

Kennedy was flown to the Boston hospital an hour after first being admitted to the emergency room at Cape Cod Hospital at about 9 a.m., hospital spokesman David Reilly told FOXNews.com.

According to an article in the Cape Cod Times, Kennedy had fallen ill at the Kennedy compound in Hyannisport. Hyannis Fire Lt. Bill Rex told The Associated Press that a 911 call came in from the compound at 8:19 a.m.

Kennedy is the second most-senior member of the Senate. The Democratic senator was first elected in 1962, to fill out his brother John F. Kennedy's term.

Kennedy also is one of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's biggest supporters, and has kept a hectic schedule campaigning for him — a factor one source said may have created some extra stress for Kennedy.

"Obviously my thoughts and prayers are with Teddy," Obama said Saturday in Oregon, where he was campaigning. "He is one of my favorite people and so hopefully he is going to be okay."

The other presidential candidates also expressed their concern.

In October, Kennedy had surgery to repair a nearly complete blockage in a major neck artery. The discovery was made during a routine examination of a decades-old back injury.

The hour-long procedure on his left carotid artery — a main supplier of blood to the face and brain — was performed at Massachusetts General. This type of operation is performed on more than 180,000 people a year to prevent a stroke.

The doctor who operated on Kennedy said at the time that surgery is reserved for those with more than 70 percent blockage, and Kennedy had "a very high-grade blockage."

Kennedy is the lone surviving son in a famed political family. His eldest brother, Joseph Kennedy, was killed in a World War II airplane crash. President Kennedy was assassinated in 1963, and their brother Robert Kennedy, attorney general in the Kennedy administration, was assassinated in 1968.

Considered a liberal lion in the Senate, Edward Kennedy was re-elected in 2006. His current term ends in 2013. The senator made a failed run for the presidency in 1980.

FOX News' Major Garrett, Trish Turner, Judson Berger and Bonney Kapp and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

:mellow:

I'll pray for him also, however knowing what he stands for, allowing the murder of the unborn, doing everything against society's wishes and Chappaquiddick I will also pray that he never returns to the Senate.

I'll pray for him also, however knowing what he stands for, allowing the murder of the unborn, doing everything against society's wishes and Chappaquiddick I will also pray that he never returns to the Senate.

+1 to that. support his life.. but I just can't support what he stands for.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back