Semi-retired and want a job in a gun shop

DeereMan

I have recently retired from a job I held for years and I would like to find a job now that I actually enjoy. My first thought is working in a gun shop. I see some really marginal clerks in the local gun stores which makes me wonder how they got hired. I am looking for advice on how to go about finding work in a gun shop. Any job seeker advice would be appreciated.

Go into the store and check it out. See if you can tell who the owner/manager is, and talk to them. I wouldn't get into the whole "marginal clerks" thing, but stay upbeat and tell them about yourself, your work history and your interest in finding part-time work as a retiree. After Christmas season hiring might be kind of tough, but whatever happens, leave on a positive note and check back in with them occasionally if they say they're not hiring right now. I had a similar interest in working in a vintage guitar store as a "youngish" retiree, and it worked out for me. Good luck!

Huh? It is a retail sales job like any other with the added fact that it would be nice if your experience level with firearms was a bit more than just average. Guess I am being polite but you really need advice? The only thing I can figure in this thread is that you are really asking whether there are any state law issues or training requirements.

Treat it like any other business venture and sell your positives. Since you are retired hopefully you can afford to work less than 30 hours per week which might be a nice selling point to a business owner. Would you be willing to work for a smaller or no pay but get paid more on commission from your sales? I know what you are talking about when it comes to marginal clerks hopefully you can find something that suits you. I would avoid saying anything negative about their current employees as that puts their decisions in a negative light.

You will have to have or be able to obtain a FFl lic. To sel, buy or trade guns even in Walmart.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back