Self Defense

{TEX}Hawaii((

Score one for the good guys! I copied the story from the web site linked below:

Link Removed

Update: Robber in critical condition after being shot by Jacksonville handyman
Posted: Monday, August 4th, 2008 at 2:29 pm
By JIM SCHOETTLER
The Times-Union

A man working on a home just north of Springfield this afternoon shot an armed man who tried to rob him, said Sgt. Derrick Lewis of the Sheriff’s Office.

The shooting occurred about 1:15 p.m. on West 24th Street near North Pearl Street. Police said a man armed with a gun approached the man working on a house and the worker, who was also armed, opened fire. The wounded man fled south on Pearl Street and collapsed outside a music store at West 23rd Street, a witness said.

The wounded man was taken to Shands Jacksonville hospital and listed in critical condition, Lewis said. The worker is being questioned by police, but has not been charged. Their identities have not been released. Police recovered both guns, Lewis said.

Lewis said the worker carried a gun because of his concerns about crime in the area, where shootings and drug deals are common.

A woman walking in the area said she heard about six shots and then saw a bloodied man run and collapse. She said she heard the worker say he shot the man after the man pulled a gun on him.

“He said, ‘He tried to rob me,’” the woman said.

The shooting occurred near the same intersection where a man was killed about two weeks ago after being struck by a police car that was on its way to a shots fired call.

I'm just wondering what Sarah Brady and her ilk would say about this. Of course, their defensive gun use statistics only show those defensive uses that result n death, and not incidents such as this.

I hope the authorities don't make the victim's life miserable and they return his weapon quickly.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back