Self Defense shooting near my hometown

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
This happened in the city next to mine. This guy refused to be a victim and I applaud him. Of course the dead robber will be remembered by his family as a well-liked choir boy of sorts.

Link Removed

HAMMOND -- Two Chicago men face criminal charges in connection with a robbery attempt that turned into a shootout that left a would-be robber dead.

Ramon Tywonne Banks, 19, and Donnell Banton, 20, have been charged with attempted robbery and resisting law enforcement for allegedly trying to rob a man in the parking lot of an Indianapolis Boulevard tavern and then leading police on a chase that lasted for several miles. The pair abandoned a 17-year-old alleged accomplice, who was shot in the chest by the man they allegedly tried to mug.

The robbery victim, a 38-year-old Gary man, had just pulled into the parking lot of McTavern's, 7443 Indianapolis, around 11:30 p.m. Saturday when Banks and the 17-year-old walked up to him and demanded the man's wallet and fur coat. The man said "wait a minute"?as the 17-year-old -- identified in court documents as Kenneth Denson -- counted to 10, as if counting down the seconds until he would shoot, said Police Chief Brian Miller.

The man opened a rear door to his Cadillac Escalade, withdrew a hidden handgun, and fired at Denson. Banks said he ran to where Denson fell, took a gun from the teen's hand and fired back, before running and leaping over a snowbank. Banks then came back over the wall, firing at the man, who returned the shots before jumping back in the Escalade and driving to another part of the parking lot, police said.

Banton, who was waiting in a car outside The Big Wheel Restaurant across the street, picked up Banks and the pair sped north on Indianapolis, leaving Denson behind. Police spotted Banton's car and gave chase into East Chicago, where Banton struck a wall in the 2800 block of Indianapolis and came to a halt.

Hammond Fire?Department medical crews treated Denson at the scene, but he died before he could be taken to a hospital.

The targeted victim was waiting in the car with a female friend, and still was holding the gun when police arrived. The man had a permit for the pistol, and gave it to a police officer when asked.

"He has been very cooperative,"?Miller said. The man has not been charged.

Court records state Banks told police he, Banton and Denson had been driving around, smoking marijuana and drinking, and stopped at gas station on Indianapolis Boulevard. Denson saw the Escalade across the street and said he recognized the driver and wanted his money. Police do not believe Denson knew the man he attempted to rob.

"They were driving along specifically with the idea of robbing someone, it wasn't personal against the man,"?Miller said. "It didn't go very well for them at all."

Anyone with information about the robbery may contact detectives Zeke Hinojosa or Sgt. Brett Plemmons at 852-2906.

I love these stories when they turn out "good". Now I'll print it out and leave it on my buddies desk to read.

Chicago men

"Two Chicago men face criminal charges in connection with a robbery attempt that turned into a shootout that left a would-be robber dead"

They probably do so well in Chicago that they did not know that elsewhere people can defend themselves against the likes of those implicated.

Follow up

Link Removed

GARY -- One of two Chicago men charged in a robbery attempt that killed a 17-year-old has been charged in Lake Superior Court with attempted murder.

Ramon Tywonne Banks, 19, is charged with attempted murder in the Saturday night shootout outside a Hammond tavern that killed Kenneth Denson, 17.

The robbery victim, a 38-year-old Gary man, told police he'd pulled into the McTavern's parking lot at 7443 Indianapolis Blvd. at about 11:30 p.m. Saturday and was helping a woman friend out of his Cadillac Escalade when Banks and Denson walked up and demanded his cash and fur coat.

The man told the gunman to hold on, opened the back door of his SUV and got his own gun from inside. While he was doing that, Denson started counting aloud.

The man then fired at the teen, who had opened the driver's side door.

Banks took the gun from Denson and fired back before he ran to a car, where Donnell Banton, 20, of Chicago, was waiting. The pair led police on a pursuit that ended when Banton crashed into a wall in the 2800 block of Indianapolis Boulevard in East Chicago.

Banks and Banton, 20, of Chicago, are charged in Lake Superior Court with attempted robbery and resisting law enforcement.

I am going to start my own compilation of self-defense shootings, from GOA, NRA and other reliable sources, and put them into a nice database so one can search by state, county/parish, type of gun (if given in the report), results (death/wounding/scared off, etc.), sex and age of victim and assailant, etc.

I will then make this database aailable to anyone on-line, especially the anti-gun crowd. I will make sure that it is objective so no one can say that the data is biased toward gun owners or against anti-gunners. When I get this site set up, anyone can contact me with any news-worthy stories (verifiable, of course) and I will add this input to the database.

I will keep everyone up here informed as to the progress of this project. If anyone else knows of a similar site, please let me know.

I am going to start my own compilation of self-defense shootings, from GOA, NRA and other reliable sources, and put them into a nice database so one can search by state, county/parish, type of gun (if given in the report), results (death/wounding/scared off, etc.), sex and age of victim and assailant, etc.

I will then make this database aailable to anyone on-line, especially the anti-gun crowd. I will make sure that it is objective so no one can say that the data is biased toward gun owners or against anti-gunners. When I get this site set up, anyone can contact me with any news-worthy stories (verifiable, of course) and I will add this input to the database.

I will keep everyone up here informed as to the progress of this project. If anyone else knows of a similar site, please let me know.

Great Idea!!! I was wondering if there was such a site. It would be really nice to have all that data compiled into one place. I posted a thread back in October about a would be robbery victim who shot and killed one of the assailants. It was ruled a justifiable homicide.

Link Removed

GARY -- One of two Chicago men charged in a robbery attempt that killed a 17-year-old has been charged in Lake Superior Court with attempted murder.

Ramon Tywonne Banks, 19, is charged with attempted murder in the Saturday night shootout outside a Hammond tavern that killed Kenneth Denson, 17.

The robbery victim, a 38-year-old Gary man, told police he'd pulled into the McTavern's parking lot at 7443 Indianapolis Blvd. at about 11:30 p.m. Saturday and was helping a woman friend out of his Cadillac Escalade when Banks and Denson walked up and demanded his cash and fur coat.

The man told the gunman to hold on, opened the back door of his SUV and got his own gun from inside. While he was doing that, Denson started counting aloud.

The man then fired at the teen, who had opened the driver's side door.

Banks took the gun from Denson and fired back before he ran to a car, where Donnell Banton, 20, of Chicago, was waiting. The pair led police on a pursuit that ended when Banton crashed into a wall in the 2800 block of Indianapolis Boulevard in East Chicago.

Banks and Banton, 20, of Chicago, are charged in Lake Superior Court with attempted robbery and resisting law enforcement.

I'm surprised. My dad, who lives in Indianapolis, says the IPD/MCSherif hybrid (don't know what they are called anymore) have lobbyed to put a law in place that you can't shoot unless they home invade and/or specific events happen, or you could get prosecuted too. Thankfully for this gentleman, this was one of those irrepudable incidents that prove why carrying is the best thing you can do!!!!:dance3:

Bad Guy's victim selection process - F

Law abiding permit holder with his defense tool - A+++++

Here in Florida the other two BG would have been charged with murder of the third BG.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back