Self Defense "insurance"?

r1dge69

Has anyone heard of this site www.usconcealedcarry.com offering up to $300,000 of "insurance" in case you shoot someone in self defense and end up in legal trouble? What do you think of it? Thanks!!!

Not a bad option. I have an umbrella policy through my insurance company. 12 dollars a month for a million in coverage.

I don't know if this type of insurance is such a good idea. In court (criminal or civil) having this insurance could be made to look like you really expected to shoot someone in the future....as if you were predisposed to do so.

"Why did you feel the need for this insurance, Mr. Smith??? Did you feel there was a good chance you'd need it?? Is shooting someone a 'first option' for you??"

Not a bad way to go. I personally went with the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Fund. My membership grants me $5000 if I am charged with a misdemeanor and $10,000 if charged with a felony in regards to defending myself with my gun. This is to get your defense started. They then assess you case and may award other grants. They also have similar training and other benefits. All this at a good price. When my renewal date comes up I intend to renew at the 10 year rate of $65/yr. My NRA membership will already reimburse me to a certain level once I am acquitted.
I feel that I have a better chance to get a good attorney if one call can get assure him/her that there are funds available. Now don't get me wrong, I have a very good friend that was a Public Defender. Even before she retired it would have been the luck of the draw to get her.

I don't know if this type of insurance is such a good idea. In court (criminal or civil) having this insurance could be made to look like you really expected to shoot someone in the future....as if you were predisposed to do so.

"Why did you feel the need for this insurance, Mr. Smith??? Did you feel there was a good chance you'd need it?? Is shooting someone a 'first option' for you??"

So then we shouldn't have auto insurance because it will look like we planned on having a car accident?
We shouldn't have house insurance because it will look like we planned on having a house fire?
We shouldn't have boating insurance because it will look like we planned on having our boat sink?

I don't buy insurance because I'm planning to have accidents/incidents I have insurance in case I have an accident/incident.
Also, in court they could say that you got a gun just because you wanted to shoot someone.

Link Removed offers legal services should you get into trouble. They pay for the attorney and all fees through the grand jury. They have an 800 number to call with lawyers in every state. MIght check it out. I have had it for 3 years.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back