Secure or Not???

SnowCajun

I posted this at the bottom of something else I posted somewhere else in the forums, but since it concerns Washington I figured I'd post it here too. Let me know what you guys think..

Last night the lady I've lived with for 13 years had to go to the hospital ER with a bad eye infection, I had to check my firearm at the security checkpoint inside, it's a S&W Model 36. This is fine with me, but they stuck it in a firearms locker and didn't lock it and left the unlocked door partially opened with the key still stuck in the door, I wasn't given the key as normally occurs at other places. As I sat in the emergency room I watched their security people leave the room numerous times to assist people into the building who were arriving at the hospital, so the room would be empty for a few minutes now and then. I was very uncomfortable with the knowledge that my weapon was in that room somewhat unsecured. What's the point of a firearms locker if you're not going to lock the door? I'd have felt more comfortable having had control of my weapon myself rather than knowing it was sitting in there unlocked and knowing they were leaving the room now and then even if it wasn't for very long! Just my two cents on the matter, but it stood out never the less.

SnowCajun

Last edited:
I posted this at the bottom of something else I posted somewhere else in the forums, but since it concerns Washington I figured I'd post it here too. Let me know what you guys think..

Last night the lady I've lived with for 13 years had to go to the hospital ER with a bad eye infection, I had to check my firearm at the security checkpoint inside, it's a S&W Model 36. This is fine with me, but they stuck it in a firearms locker and didn't lock and left the unlocked door partially opened with the key still stuck in the door, I wasn't given the key as normally occurs at other places. As I sat in the emergency room I watched their security people leave the room numerous times to assist people into the building who were arriving at the hospital, so the room would be empty for a few minutes now and then. I was very uncomfortable with the knowledge that my weapon was in that room somewhat unsecured. What's the point of a firearms locker if you're not going to lock the door? I'd have felt more comfortable having had control of my weapon myself rather than knowing it was sitting in there unlocked and knowing they were leaving the room now and then even if it wasn't for very long! Just my two cents on the matter, but it stood out never the less.

SnowCajun

Honestly, if given the opportunity I would have gone in to the area and removed my firearm if access would permit me. Then I would have proceeded to read those Keystone Cops :mad:the riot act upon their return.

From the way those morons treated your gun, you would probably have been better off to lock it in your car.

Why would you have to check your gun at a hospital? I can't find anything in RCW that restricts carrying in hospitals.
Where did this happen?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back