SD round for a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Baz99_99

Can anyone give me some advice on a good SD round for a 9mm Beretta PX4 Storm?

Thx

You may want to pick up several different brands of hollow points and see what works best with your gun. I have several different guns and calibers that I use for CC and some guns are a little finicky with certain brands.
For me--the only ones that work consistently in all of my guns are the Winchester Silver Tip HP. So I just use them in 380, 9mm and 45 ACP. I've never had a failure of any kind with the Silver tips.
The only problems I've had with other brands is failures to feed. To me this is not good for SD ammo. I think this has to do with how sharp the front of the bullet is. The Silver Tips are slightly rounded on the tip therefore they don't get hung up on the feedramp.
Of course this is just my opinion

I carry Speer gold Dots in my 40. However, in all honesty, I feel almost any hollow point, that functions well in your gun, will serve the purpose.

I cannot comment on the 9mm but my 40cal px4 seems to be able to digest just about anything. I've tried many types of ammo because I had an eaa witness 40cal I was having problems with and all the stuff that wouldn't work in it was no problem with the beretta. The rotating barrel in the px4 must have something to do with it. I would recommend powerball for a flawless feed as it has a unique polymer ball type tip that mimics regular ball ammo but expands like a hollow point.

At work we have issued the 124gr +P Gold Dot for many years, excellent ammo that has worked from our S&Ws and Glocks with no issues. This is a top notch choice for defensive ammo.

The Winchester Ranger-T and PDX, Cor Bon DPX, and Federal HST lines of ammo in the 124gr-147gr range are all good loads as well. The Remington Golden Saber ain't bad either but it's not my first choice.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back