scenario that has been bugging me

stngray713

OK so normally I am not a big fan of what would you do scenarios, but this one has been bothering me since I first saw it on TV.

Basically I wonder how would you react. I don't know what the guy said so he may have egged it on a bit but the video doesn't show the full scene that I saw on TV. Basically some of the punches the guy took slammed his head into a freezer and after it was all said and done he had a broken nose, jaw, eye socket, skull fractures and a concussion. I have been struggling with what I would do, especially if I wasn't able to walk out like one of the guys did.

Personally I think I would try to dial 911 and give a location, and probably tell the victim to stay down as it seems that his getting up is prolonging the attack.

Then I wonder if by calling 911 and telling the guy to stay down would that make me a target. If so what would I do then? Obviously the attacker is huge and can cause grave bodily injury so drawing may be appropriate, but space is very confined, so maybe run around the counter and into the kitchen to gain some space. Or you could stand there like everyone else did and do nothing but that's kind of what bugs me, this guy got a serious woopin that cost him dearly and it could have been much worse.

Dont know he had it coming?, seems he was on the phone when the female was poking him in the face, only going by what i saw, if the guy was just a innocent bystander, dont think i could just stand there and do nothing like most did, some even just left, At bare minimum, I would have called police, giving them a discription of the attacker and what had transpired, If that attracks attention to me, I will have already been perpared

I remember seeing the whole video a while back and the guy on the phone said something to the person he was talking to on the phone. Something along the lines of "this lady is cutting in front of everyone..."
The woman went nuts because he was talking about her.

Call 911 - That is why I have a cell phone. (Walk out the door while doing so.) If that draws attention to me. Then come and get it. - Any time you are around people like this, you can see it coming. Pay attention. Make yourself scarce.

I for one, am not going to allow some BIG, BAD & ANGRY guy get in my face like that and assault me. (That was an assault that escalated to battery.)

I really didn't see the woman as a threat; just a big mouth HO'. But, when that big dude stepped up, EVERYTHING about him screamed an imminent & dangerous threat. Once that happens, I will act accordingly; and I'm not going to be nice about it whatsoever.

Although the guy on the phone tried to retreat, he was still sucker punched & beat down. That's why I would do something to STOP that threat. If I was the guy on the phone, I most likely would have tried to create some distance, while staying ready to deflect & counter.

If I was just a bystander, I may intervene as well. However, I can't say that for certain because the video doesn't tell the whole story.

That place was a very SMALL & crowded space and IMHO; every single person in that place was in extreme danger.
-

Holy friggin crap! That's why I carry. Here's how it would have played out. As soon as that dude came in my hand would have been on or very close to my gun. I would have circled for a distance no matter how much of a sissy I might look like. I think THE ONLY REASON the guy swung was because he has the uppercut sucker punch opportunity that the guy basically handed him on a silver platter. I can't help but blame the "victim" here, he did that I think I'm gansta swerve and got dropped for it. I would have played the white boy and very loudly would let everyone know I didn't want trouble, that way when he tries to rush and the quick draw puts 2 in his gut, its no question that I tried to avoid it at all costs. Maybe I'd luck out and the lady would have attacked me too so I could put her to sleep, that nasty plague on society. Hey stop acting ignorant if you want racism to end please

I remember when this happened. If memory serves me, all the witnesses said the woman started the whole thing by trying to cut in line and then launching into an abusive tirade. I also believe the puncher was convicted of some fairly serious crimes and was sentenced to several years in jail.

IMO, once that first punch was thrown, the victim would have been entirely justified defending himself by any means available.

Cotillion:240459 said:
Maybe I'd luck out and the lady would have attacked me too so I could put her to sleep, that nasty plague on society.

That's wrong. Might want to think about editing that, gives you a real bad image.

I would've called 911 and took a picture of both parties with my cell phone. I definately don't think that situation would've warrented presenting a firearm. Just call 911 and possibly try and calm them down (highly unlikely with that guy) but worth a try.

Firefighterchen:240477 said:
Maybe I'd luck out and the lady would have attacked me too so I could put her to sleep, that nasty plague on society.

That's wrong. Might want to think about editing that, gives you a real bad image.

No I'd rather not, I prefer honesty

Cotillion:240485 said:

Honesty is good, and if that is your honest mindset, then I would suggest to find someone to talk to. No one should feel lucky to kill another person.

I for one, am not going to allow some BIG, BAD & ANGRY guy get in my face like that and assault me. (That was an assault that escalated to battery.)

I really didn't see the woman as a threat; just a big mouth HO'. But, when that big dude stepped up, EVERYTHING about him screamed an imminent & dangerous threat. Once that happens, I will act accordingly; and I'm not going to be nice about it whatsoever.

Although the guy on the phone tried to retreat, he was still sucker punched & beat down. That's why I would do something to STOP that threat. If I was the guy on the phone, I most likely would have tried to create some distance, while staying ready to deflect & counter.

If I was just a bystander, I may intervene as well. However, I can't say that for certain because the video doesn't tell the whole story.

That place was a very SMALL & crowded space and IMHO; every single person in that place was in extreme danger.
-

The video DOES tell the whole story. Mouthy chic, big sucka sucker punched a dude then nearly killed him. Others standing around not intervening (and thusly avoiding getting a face full as well). What's missing?

The video DOES tell the whole story. Mouthy chic, big sucka sucker punched a dude then nearly killed him. Others standing around not intervening (and thusly avoiding getting a face full as well). What's missing?

What I meant was "not" seeing it from the very begining and discovering "WHY" the big HO' was running her mouth. But, after going back & reading some of the posts, I believe she may have just had some racist chip on her shoulder and felt people owed her something; and she was just being a beotch when she was told to wait in line.

If she indeed came in running her mouth and wasn't provoked in anyway, the best course of action may have been to leave & comeback after her and her boy-toy had vacated the premise. But, unfortunately the plce seemed to be very crowded, thus making escape difficult without attracting trouble from ms "thing" & her friend.

IMHO; once the victim allowed them to get in his face it was to late; a beat-down was unavoidable because mr "thing" had already made up his mind to attack a "white" man.

Two things that really piss me off about this whole thing are:
ONE- with all the racial slurs ms "thing" was spewing this should be considered a racially motivated "hate" crime.

TWO- If a couple of the other "men" (I use the term loosely), had joined together and made it clear they were calling 911, mr. "thing" may have just took his beotch and left instead of attacking the white guy.

Anyway you look at this though, IT was a very CLEAR & REAL threat to peoples safety.

Woman poke gentleman in face, assualt, two on one, outnumbered, would try and leave any attempt to stop me wouold be a deadly threat on their part. Pair of loosers, pure and simple. Her husband, live in boyfriend, pimp, also committed assualt, both and size of both along with actions indicate if attack progressed on me or a member of my family would at a minimum indicate an ambulance for him and his whatever.

Firefighterchen:240497 said:
Cotillion:240485 said:

Honesty is good, and if that is your honest mindset, then I would suggest to find someone to talk to. No one should feel lucky to kill another person.

Well said Chen.

Finally got to see the video. The victim was retreating back to the door when he was blindsided from behind. If I was another person in line I would have had everyone get behind me and I would intervene. There is nothing civil about letting that keep going (i understand there are reasons to not get involved: health, family, etc, which takes priority). How would I help? Call 911 and use my words. I would tell him to stop and leave. People seeing other people help usually has a domino affect, and I would be fairly confident they would back me up. If he turned his attention to me/us, I would tell him to stop. That's all the warnings he will get, and it will be recorded on a 911 call. Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot, never point your gun at anything you don't want to destroy, know what your target is (and whats in front and behind it). Just to tie in another thread to this topic, if he were to take another step towards me after i gave him the 2nd chance to stop, I would draw my gun (he just commited grave bodily injury to another person in front of you after all), he then has a second to decide to take another step towards me or away from me. That will dictate my decision to pull the trigger or not. In hindsight, not being there, it's easy to say, "I would do exactly this." That is my honest mindset and it would have been the worst day of my life if he chose to take another step towards me after I gave him the option to stop.

There are a lot of what if's in a hindsight scenario, and I would be more than willing to sit and think about what I would do during these what if's that will most likely come up on here. In the end, it doesn't matter what you do in this situation as long as you understand your minset (and consequences).

I think there a couple of things we can all learn from this. Everything from situational awareness, having a plan on how to react if put in this type of situation and how to escape if needed. One thing we can also be aware of is how we should respond here in the forum. Heaven forbid we are one day placed in a similar situation and some prosecutor reads that someone posted that they would be glad to terminate one of these two... they could now been looked at as a premeditating killer.

Holy friggin crap! That's why I carry. Here's how it would have played out. As soon as that dude came in my hand would have been on or very close to my gun. I would have circled for a distance no matter how much of a sissy I might look like. I think THE ONLY REASON the guy swung was because he has the uppercut sucker punch opportunity that the guy basically handed him on a silver platter. I can't help but blame the "victim" here, he did that I think I'm gansta swerve and got dropped for it. I would have played the white boy and very loudly would let everyone know I didn't want trouble, that way when he tries to rush and the quick draw puts 2 in his gut, its no question that I tried to avoid it at all costs. Maybe I'd luck out and the lady would have attacked me too so I could put her to sleep, that nasty plague on society. Hey stop acting ignorant if you want racism to end please

Thats the problem, there a plague on society, and its there own ignorance that leeds to most all of the racism against them. And one of the other problems is that they think the world owes them everything, while they sit at home collecting welfare or standing on the corner selling drugs because there to lazy to get a job.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back