SCCY guns

cluznar

I know two people who own the SCCY 9mm and they really like them. Also, SCCY now has the CPX3 which is a ten round .380 acp, locked breech that weighs 15 ounces. They are DAO but I see no problem with that. These are good guns at a budget price and if they haven't already, I see them taking part of the market and doing very well. How about some of your thoughts on SCCY?

:dirol:

They are an excellent gun at a price that won't break the bank. I think it has a nice feel, it is compact for a double stack. The only real complaint I have heard is its DAO trigger, but if you don't mind that, it's not an issue. When I have them in the store, they sell out quickly.

SCCY CPX-2 9mm Review

SCCY has a great warranty, but I had two warranty issues within the first 100 rounds to get mine working right. If you look at the SCCY forums things along this line seem to not be uncommon. Now that its working properly, and I have a bunch more rounds through it I'll say that overall I like the gun. The trigger pull is smooth but long and heavy at 9 lbs, however I will say that I am used to single actions with pretty light, short trigger pulls, so it you are more used to a DAO it may not bother you.

The CPX3 has been promised for a number of years however the release date keeps moving. Personally, as the CPX3 in .380 ACP is almost the same size and weight as the CPX2 in 9mm I don't really see the rationale.

I will say though that their customer service is helpful, quick and friendly.

SCCY has a great warranty, but I had two warranty issues within the first 100 rounds to get mine working right. If you look at the SCCY forums things along this line seem to not be uncommon. Now that its working properly, and I have a bunch more rounds through it I'll say that overall I like the gun. The trigger pull is smooth but long and heavy at 9 lbs, however I will say that I am used to single actions with pretty light, short trigger pulls, so it you are more used to a DAO it may not bother you.

The CPX3 has been promised for a number of years however the release date keeps moving. Personally, as the CPX3 in .380 ACP is almost the same size and weight as the CPX2 in 9mm I don't really see the rationale.

I will say though that their customer service is helpful, quick and friendly.

Thanks for giving some feedback on the quality issues.

A 9 pound trigger is a little bit too much, especially for the market that the .380 version would be for. Let's hope they come to their senses with the CPX-3 on the trigger pull from the factory. I know that there are ways to lower it to 7.5 pounds or even 6.5 and get reliability.

The main market for the .380 ACP version is new shooters, especially recoil-sensitive shooters.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back