Scared others while CCing

croute

Had to get a drug test for a new job. Never thought that my CC would be a problem. I was wrong. They took me back to a room where I was greeted by 2 young ladies. The first thing they had me do is take off my jacket and empty my pockets. Of course, I knew that was going to be a problem.

My first thought was to excuse myself and put my gun in the car, but I thought that would raise too much suspicion about the drug test. I decided to calmly tell them they needed to know something, that it might take them aback and that they didn't need to worry. After I told them, you should have seen the look on their faces. Wish I had a picture. Not only did I take out my gun, but an additional mag and my wife's keys, which had a small bottle of mace hanging on the ring.

All said and done, it went well and they seemed to calm down by the end of the test. Glad it didn't turn into a big fiasco. It could have been a major deal.

Calm, controlled, and factual usually wins the day. They may have actually seen a gun that didn't randomly start killing people. Good job!

How was your gun secured while it was not in your possession? Was it just left laying with your jacket while you walked into the stall to pee in the cup? This is where a tuckable IWB holster would be smart. Then there would be absolutely no need to reveal your CC. I don't understand why it was necessary to "empty" your pockets for a dug test either, but the former would have prevented your CC becoming known.

How was your gun secured while it was not in your possession? Was it just left laying with your jacket while you walked into the stall to pee in the cup? This is where a tuckable IWB holster would be smart. Then there would be absolutely no need to reveal your CC. I don't understand why it was necessary to "empty" your pockets for a dug test either, but the former would have prevented your CC becoming known.

It's usually policy to empty your pockets before a drug test. No jackets allowed either. That's the way it has always been for me at least whether it was pre job or a random during a job. Their way of reducing the risk of cheating.

Last time I had a pee test, I was open carrying, no one gave a second glance. They said I could keep it up at the front desk where the security guard could keep an eye on it with his own gun.

I've never had a drug test before, so I wasn't expecting to remove my jacket and empty my pockets. If I knew this, I would have either left the gun in the car or used a concealed holster. They allowed me to take the gun back after the "search." I would never have just left it there. I would at least have returned it to the car, even if that meant going through the whole process again. At least they would have known why I had to go back to my car.

Drug tests are an invasion of privacy as well. Whether you are for or against it. We just can't pick and choose which "rights" we defend.

I've never had a drug test before, so I wasn't expecting to remove my jacket and empty my pockets. If I knew this, I would have either left the gun in the car or used a concealed holster. They allowed me to take the gun back after the "search." I would never have just left it there. I would at least have returned it to the car, even if that meant going through the whole process again. At least they would have known why I had to go back to my car.

I'm glad it went well, it could have turned into a scene that would not have helped our cause. How can you be old enough to have a CC and still be so naive as to not know how a drug screen goes. I guess you also didn't know that the "Piss Stops" are common places for cops to take bad guys for drug tests. Could have been real ugly, real fast.

you have the right to refuse the drug test just as the employer has the right not to employ you if you fail or refuse a drug test. I absolutely agree with drug testing for safety sensitive professions. Sometimes one must revert to common sense instead of playing the protect my rights card. IMHO

Drug tests are an invasion of privacy as well. Whether you are for or against it. We just can't pick and choose which "rights" we defend.

A drug test for a job is not an invasion of privacy, as you have signed a condition that requires a drug test to be hired. Even asking for public assistance, in my mind, should require a drug test.

Do you also feel the employer not letting him carry takes away his 2a rights?

If you do, you should read up on private property vs public property.

Had to get a drug test for a new job. Never thought that my CC would be a problem. I was wrong. They took me back to a room where I was greeted by 2 young ladies. The first thing they had me do is take off my jacket and empty my pockets. Of course, I knew that was going to be a problem.

My first thought was to excuse myself and put my gun in the car, but I thought that would raise too much suspicion about the drug test. I decided to calmly tell them they needed to know something, that it might take them aback and that they didn't need to worry. After I told them, you should have seen the look on their faces. Wish I had a picture. Not only did I take out my gun, but an additional mag and my wife's keys, which had a small bottle of mace hanging on the ring.

All said and done, it went well and they seemed to calm down by the end of the test. Glad it didn't turn into a big fiasco. It could have been a major deal.

I left mine in my car last time I had a drug test for that very reason!

Agree mongo, unfortunately no drug test=no job in my case.

And in most cases now, to be hired, you have to agree to random drug tests. They did one on me before I was hired at my last (and final) job, and for the next 20+ years, never had another one.

Haha i OC'd to my last one. The girl at the desk kinda did a double take and goes, "whoa!" Lol i laughed and said, "i'll take this in with me if you don't mind" she kinda smiled and goes, ".....ok...." When I got back to the temp service, Laura had a huge smile on her face and said "how did it go?" We laughed about it. The piss test place has a gunbuster sign up now. Lolz

Yeah, I had 1 for the company I worked for, in 18 years. I no longer work for that company, have a hard time trying to pee at all, and usually stand there for 5 minutes dribbling and cussing all they way.

Getting old sucks. Don't ever believe that crap about the "golden years". Your health goes, and your bowels don't. Man, what a PITA.

You always wonder how others will react. I take the "don't ask, don't tell" approach...

I went to a CVS clinic in our area for a minor ailment that I didn't expect to need remove any clothing. I was wrong. The doc asked me to remove my shirt, which would reveal my supertuck and XD45. I said nothing. She said nothing. Worked out great IMO.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back