Scandal and Last Man Standing, UGH!

dogshawred

Don't usually start threads like this, so I will say sorry up front.
~
Thursday night's episode of Scandal introduces the story line of the Republican Presidential character supporting and pushing a gun control agenda. Which you know is going to go on and on until the November elections. Shonda Rhimes the author of the series has presented her stand on the subject and will now try to persuade Rino's and the general public who follows this series verbatim that her characters are what this country needs. I used to like the program, now I will not watch it nor will I watch any other series authored by this writer.
~
Ok let's talk comedy, Tim Allen on Last Man Standing, Thursday night's second episode shows his oldest daughter returning to him for safe keep a handgun because she doesn't want to make the father of their child (dyed in the wool hard fast progressive) uncomfortable in their home (even though it was in the house all along and never hurt a single solitary soul) and I can live with that. But in his famous video blogs which have been quite pointed in the past takes an ugly turn when he criticizes the open carry of long guns in Chipotle as inappropriate, saying "they will give you the extra sauce without it". Again I really like this series and I like his character, but what will be next.
~
These authors have shown us their true nature and it is up to us to be non-supportive of their work.

I believe Tim Allen is the Executive Producer of the show which means he has the say about content. One of the outwardly conservatives in show biz.

I quit watching the jerk when it was revealed he had a drug charge he didn't report when he auditioned for that tool time show years ago.

I don't watch TV much. Blacklist and then suffering through the Voice (before Blacklist), as my wife likes it. That's it.

Used to watch Boston Legal with Shatner and Spader. That was then, now is now.

Blacklist was a real cliff-hanger, but lately, it seems to have lost the drama, at least for me. Perhaps its unpredictable nature has become too predictable, in spite of Spader's acting. This guy may act. Can't put my finger on why it's lost some of its luster. It's certainly macabre enough.

He didn't have a drug charge. He spent time in prison for drugs years ago. But he is an example of someone who actually turned his life around. Just wait for a few more episodes and see what happens with the handgun. I'd be willing to bet there is a home invasion or break-in and the boyfriend rethinks his position.

I think Tim Allen is very refreshing. His drug charge...oh well...I can't cast the first stone...maybe some of the folks on this forum can! Ya see I identify with Tim the tool man, just ask my wife which person thought they might be able to change a 110 volt outlet to a 220 because someone (me) bought the wrong window a/c. Not to worry...I didn't start an electrical fire. It is a good thing my wife has more brains than I do.

I like Tim Allen as well. Didn't watch the Tool Time much, but thought the Santa Clause movies were hilarious and enjoy his Last Man Standing show. Wait a minute - isn't this a Gun Forum? :sarcastic:

My wife and I think that "The Last Man Standing" is the funniest 1/2 hour sit-com on TV. Never miss it.

As far as Scandal goes I don't think that plot line will continue, most change from week to week. And with Last Man Standing if you listen to what he said I think it makes alot of sense. These bozo's he was refering to make all firearm owners look like a bunch of nuts.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back