SC

340mopar

.45 Randall 1911/Glock 21
Any word on putting SC back on the approved list?

Yeah. Basically, whether or not South Carolina gets back on Virginia's reciprocity list depends on South Carolina, not Virginia. South Carolina needs to do something to make its permits verifiable 24 hours a day before Virginia will consider honoring it. I suppose that in the meantime, South Carolinians could open carry when the visit Virginia; that's what I like about Virginia, the fact that not having a permit doesn't prevent anyone from exercising RKBA.

My understanding is that we do have 24/7, and this was provided to VA.
did something change?

Were Back!.
Thanks to VA State! SC is still working on full reciprocity from what I hear, and hopefully not for long...

Sounds like we are actually there, full reciprocity now. Just a matter of time for SLED to updated their page. I believe the agreement went thru last Friday (signed, sealed, delivered) Welcome to SC guys!

VA-ALERT: WAHOO! VA has reciprocity with SC!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
VCDL's Gun Dealer Legal Defense Fund -- help fight Mayor Bloomberg's
scheme to cripple Virginia firearms dealers. See:
Link Removed
VCDL's meeting schedule: Link Removed

We were expecting this and it finally happened - Tom Lambert, with the Virginia State Police, has just given me the good news - Virginia now has full reciprocity with South Carolina as of September 19th!

SC is now listed on the VSP web site:

Virginia State Police

NOTE: South Carolina has acknowledge receipt of the signed agreement from Virginia, but has NOT yet updated their web site. You might wait until the SC site is updated before carrying there:

Link Removed

VCDL would like to thank Tom Lambert with the VSP, as well as Bill Rentiers with Grassroots RunRights of South Carolina, for their help in getting this arrangement finalized.

-------------------------------------------
VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
(VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization
dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to
Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: Link Removed

Once again, thanks to VCDL for pushing for SC/Va again! Will make my trip to Charleston in October much more enjoyable, safer and legal! :dance3:

South Carolina Reciprocity
RECIPROCITY

As of September 12, 2008, states with which South Carolina has reciprocity are:

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, and Wyoming.

Residents of reciprocal states who hold permits issued by their states of residence

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back