SC Woman Kills Man Who Was Hiding Under Bed

Red Hat

This happened in my county. Chalk up another one for the Good Gals!

The woman said she grabbed her pistol and as Vanderford started to come out from beneath the bed, she fired three rounds.

Link Removed

Good for her! Definitely a situation to consider--coming home from somewhere, is your home free of bad guys? I have thought about this occasionally, but to be honest, it's not usually something I am thinking as I come in my front door. Always need to be aware of surroundings.

In her defense...

The article looks like investigators are still looking at the incident. I hope it was like she says. How come it took her half an hour to realize someone had broke into her home? Still I feel if it was as she says, self defense was the call here.

I truly hate that things like this happen. But they do. I am glad she was able to protect herself. Who knows what he was going to do to her inside her home.

Glad she is o.k. A good alarm system that you set when you leave can reduce the likelyhood that someone is in you house waiting for you. But just in case a gun in hand is nice to have.

Let's hope they have a Castle Doctrine....
We do have the strong version of the Castle Doctrine. I think Rickey just didn't want to make a decision on the spot until the detectives have looked at the situation. I'm positive that there will be no charges.

Link Removed

The woman's identity has not been released. The Laurens County Sheriff's Office is still investigating. Sheriff Chastain will hand over all the information and evidence to 8th Circuit Solicitor Jerry Peace, who will decide whether or not to file charges in the case.

The way they are handling it it looks like they are not up on the Castle Doctrine.

Last edited:
The article looks like investigators are still looking at the incident. I hope it was like she says. How come it took her half an hour to realize someone had broke into her home?

When I come home, I seldom go from room to room to check them out, so to me it is understandable that until she heard a sound coming from the bedroom she didn't give a thought to anything being out of the ordinary. I'm glad as hell she had a way to protect/defend herself and that she didn't give him a chance to disarm her. It sounds to me like the taxpayers just saved a pile of money too.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back