SC reciprocity legislation progress

Reba

Sinner saved by grace
The vote was May 3, 2017.

House moves to recognize CWPs from any state which also recognizes SC

A proposal approved by the South Carolina House on Wednesday would make it much easier for legal gun carriers in other states to carry in South Carolina, although the measure is unlikely to pass this year.

Current state law only recognizes concealed weapons permits in 22 states with similar requirements to get a CWP as in South Carolina (Georgia was given a special exemption last year). However, the bill approved by a 85-23 vote on Wednesday would expand the right to residents of 16 other states which already recognize South Carolina CWP permits on their own but have looser requirements....

More at House moves to recognize CWPs from more states

More at the Post and Courier

Maybe we'll know something next year.

No matter what the writers of these articles say, this is no longer a recognition bill. Thanks to being amended it is a reciprocity bill. Once again South Carolina lawmakers who hate freedom (except for themselves and other well placed individuals) take reasonably good legislation and turn it into crap.

No matter what the writers of these articles say, this is no longer a recognition bill. Thanks to being amended it is a reciprocity bill. Once again South Carolina lawmakers who hate freedom (except for themselves and other well placed individuals) take reasonably good legislation and turn it into crap.
Nearby Poinsett and the gun range? Nice. :)

If you like incompetently run government ranges with rules developed and enforced by Brady Bunch acolytes, then yeah...
At least you have a range nearby. Not all of us are so blessed. And it's a pretty area.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

At least you have a range nearby. Not all of us are so blessed. And it's a pretty area.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I drive 50 miles one way to shoot at an actual range with real facilities. You know, where you can shoot while moving instead of from behind a bench, place your targets from contact distance to 200 yards as you wish, shoot from any position of your choosing, shoot a handgun from a holster not from low ready, shoot as fast or slow as you choose not limit yourself to one shot per second or load only ten rounds in a mag as opposed to loading to full capacity. A real range. Or I just go out to my backyard and shoot on my 25 meter pistol or 150 meter rifle ranges.

I don't know where you live in the low country but my guess is that you live closer to a real range than I do. You should try one one time...

I drive 50 miles one way to shoot at an actual range with real facilities. You know, where you can shoot while moving instead of from behind a bench, place your targets from contact distance to 200 yards as you wish, shoot from any position of your choosing, shoot a handgun from a holster not from low ready, shoot as fast or slow as you choose not limit yourself to one shot per second or load only ten rounds in a mag as opposed to loading to full capacity. A real range. Or I just go out to my backyard and shoot on my 25 meter pistol or 150 meter rifle ranges.

I don't know where you live in the low country but my guess is that you live closer to a real range than I do. You should try one one time...
No, I don't but I'd like to have one nearby. In my area, we have a few ranges that are part of gun shops, two free public ranges in National Forest Francis Marion, expensive private gun clubs with waiting lists, and skeet shooting at the Air Force base. Hunters have access to leased land acreage. None of them are a short drive for me.

No, I don't but I'd like to have one nearby. In my area, we have a few ranges that are part of gun shops, two free public ranges in National Forest Francis Marion, expensive private gun clubs with waiting lists, and skeet shooting at the Air Force base. Hunters have access to leased land acreage. None of them are a short drive for me.
Clearly, from you description YES YOU DO. You have far more options nearby than I do. And as it sounds as though you live in the Chucktown area you only have yourself to blame if you aren't a member of Palmetto Gun Club. For only $150 a year you get 365 day a year access to everything from multiple pistol bays to an 800 yard rifle range. Of course you also get access to several monthly competitions, although most (all?) of them are open to non-members as well.

Clearly, from you description YES YOU DO. You have far more options nearby than I do. And as it sounds as though you live in the Chucktown area you only have yourself to blame if you aren't a member of Palmetto Gun Club. For only $150 a year you get 365 day a year access to everything from multiple pistol bays to an 800 yard rifle range. Of course you also get access to several monthly competitions, although most (all?) of them are open to non-members as well.
PGC is one of those "expensive private gun clubs with waiting lists" that I mentioned in the previous post.

PALMETTO GUN CLUB
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
(Rev May 21, 2016)

Palmetto Gun Club is now at our Maximum Membership of 600. A waiting list has been started; the process to be placed on the waiting list is listed below.

Guidelines for Palmetto Gun Club Membership Waiting List:

• Read all of the membership requirements below

• Complete Application

• NRA Membership; obtained with number and expiration date

º All of the above must be completed Before the application can be submitted for the waiting list.
º Applications will only be taken at a PGC Monthly Club meeting. They must be brought to the meeting by the applicant or by the sponsoring member of the applicant, as long as the candidate makes one of their two votes in person.
º A $25 non-refundable fee is required to submit your application.
º No applications will be accepted by mail or email.
º The club secretary will contact you, at the email address provided on the application, when an opening becomes available.

Click Here to send the Club Secretary an email if you have any further questions.

Membership Requirements:

• Must be a legal resident of the United States of America and at least eighteen (18) years old.

• According to the legal requirements of the United States, applicant is able to purchase and possess firearms; and there is no other reason why the applicant could not, or should not, own or use firearms.

• Applicant must have a State issued picture ID or a Current SC CWP with them to the 1st club meeting; a readable copy of this picture ID must be attached to the application.

• All applicants that do not have a Current SC CWP, will agree at the time of application to have a background check performed by Palmetto Gun Club prior to their second vote for membership.

• Membership applicants must have a sponsor in good standing of PGC, and be personally interviewed and approved on a two-thirds vote by the membership at a regular monthly meeting.

• The Palmetto Gun Club monthly meetings start at 7PM on the third Tuesday of the month and last about an hour. (please check the website for meeting location!)

• After first vote by the membership, the applicant must attend a range orientation with the PGC Chief Instructor or designee before the 2nd vote can occur.

• Continuous Membership in the NRA is required. You must provide proof of your membership (NRA card or the mailing label from a recent publication) which must be verified by an officer in the club when you join. Or you can join the NRA by going to their website at NRA | Home send a copy of your card to the club secretary when received.

• Range Membership ID / Gate Cards will be issued when all requirements have been fulfilled and application completed.

• PGC Newsletters and Club Notices/Invoices are E-mailed out to all members. You must keep your email address up to date with the club secretary.

Club Dues, Fees, & Assessments

• Club Dues are $100/ year. Annual membership is from May 1st to April 30th. Renewal notices will be sent out in April, to email address provided. Renewals are due No Later than the PGC member meeting in May (the 3rd Tuesday in May).

• Workday Assessment is $180/year. Member can participate in two workday projects annually or other work projects --- or pay assessment.

• PGC Initiation fee is $750 due at the time of joining. (Initiation fee may be paid over a 5 year period). Initiation fee installment is due to the club, each year in the month of the anniversary of you becoming a member.

• New Members Annual dues are pro-rated quarterly (Renewals are not Prorated) *Your membership dues are prorated, so you are paying up to May 1st of the following year for your membership. You will be billed the membership dues when they come up again for the next year.

• Here is a breakdown of New Membership Payments (your total for payment when joining will be the line matching the month of your 2nd Vote)

Link Removed

Membership Requirements

If you live in the Midlands, Palmetto Armory purchased the range in Swansea. Forgot what they charge per year or on a daily basis. I do know if you purchase the yearly membership, you can use all their ranges in the State.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Live-Oaks-Sportsmans-Club/106250806155358

BTW, the Gun Bill in SC is dead. Better Luck next year.

Reba,

Is this correct?

$750 - Initiation Fee
$100 - Annual Club Dues
$180 - Annual Work Assessment or work 2 workday projects
$100 - Annual Gate Card Fee ??
$35 - Annual NRA membership ??

Reba,

Is this correct?

$750 - Initiation Fee
$100 - Annual Club Dues
$180 - Annual Work Assessment or work 2 workday projects
$100 - Annual Gate Card Fee ??
$35 - Annual NRA membership ??
I'm not a member of that club, so all I know is what their website shows. For the latest news and/or explanations of fees your best bet is to contact them directly.

For me, the price is too much and I'll probably die of old age before there's a vacancy in the membership anyway.

For now, I'll have to stick with ATP and Boggy Head.

If you live in the Midlands, Palmetto Armory purchased the range in Swansea. Forgot what they charge per year or on a daily basis. I do know if you purchase the yearly membership, you can use all their ranges in the State.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Live-Oaks-Sportsmans-Club/106250806155358

BTW, the Gun Bill in SC is dead. Better Luck next year.
Well, we are now down one gun range in the Lowcountry. Someone shot out a ceiling sprinkler in the range at Palmetto Armory and flooded the place. Closed for a while.

Well, we are now down one gun range in the Lowcountry. Someone shot out a ceiling sprinkler in the range at Palmetto Armory and flooded the place. Closed for a while.
Shot out a ceiling sprinkler?....😆
Obviously a real sub 2" MOA eagle eye or maybe a ND? How'd you like to be the person that shut down a whole range by knocking out a single ceiling sprinkler? Hey! It's a damn lib anti gunner with mad sharpshooter skills! Lib sharpshooter? Oxymoron.

The Place To Be

Was the sprinkler downrange??

So is PSA getting a taste of what some Low Country shooters have been doing at ATP and Trader's World (Twin Ponds for that matter too).

Was the sprinkler downrange??

So is PSA getting a taste of what some Low Country shooters have been doing at ATP and Trader's World (Twin Ponds for that matter too).
I've not yet used the range at PSA, so I don't know the exact configuration. I've been to the shop and browsed around but not looked that closely at the range.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back