SC Public Parks & Playgrounds

from what I was told in my CWP course in September is that IF the new open carry law passed, CWP holders would be able to carry into restaurants if they were not drinking. As I understand it, until that happens, we are still not allowed.

That was for the NEW open carry law that was before the SC House. That did not not pass yet. The OLD carry law is still in effect.

Your right jhodge.

KK

I was told by my instructor you can carry in the "Food Court" in the mall, as long as you don't walk up to any of the restaraunt counters that serve alcohol.

I only bring that up because technically, reading the statute, since the mall has places that serve alcohol in the food court, wouldn't carrying in the mall be off limits??

Never thought about that. Really never thought the food court sold alcohol either. That makes sense though.

KK

My instructor said 2 places serve alcohol in the Food Court over at the mall here in Myrtle Beach.

I personally haven't walked around to check it out, but I'm assuming he wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

But I'm with you..makes the statute a little fuzzy.

One of the restricted places if I remember is college athletic events but not professional events. So how about the Darlington Raceway or the Heritage golf tourney. The both sell beer but not exactly an establishment. For that matter how about a golf course? Every one I know of sells beer and some even have the beer cart riding around the course selling beer. Most of the arenas in SC are publicly owned so they are off limits as far as sports go.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back