SC just added two

340mopar

.45 Randall 1911/Glock 21
We just added Florida and Kentucky

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, Tennessee, and Wyoming.

It' a start. Now for VA and WV.

SECTION 23-31-215.

(I) SLED must maintain a list of all permit holders and the current status of each permit. Upon request, SLED must release the list of permit holders or verify an individual's permit status. SLED may charge a fee not to exceed its costs in releasing the information under this subsection.

Doesn't this sound like a required verification system to you?

yes, but not a 24/7 if that was questioned... but even so, it should be available 24/7.

Yeah I would say so

All I can say is...It took them long enough! They just need to grow some nads and pass another law that honors all permits, res and non-res alike!:wink:

As a resident of SC, I am not allowed to carry in those states, correct? This is only for non-residents, correct?

As a resident of SC, I am not allowed to carry in those states, correct? This is only for non-residents, correct?

I am not following you exactly. As a SC resident you CAN carry in those states with a SC CWP. If you hold a FL permit and are not a resident of FL then your FL pernit is not honored in SC. If you have a SC permit but are not a resident of SC then FL will not honor your SC permit.

Sorry for the vagueness... I was under the impression that SC CWP holders were not allowed to carry in other states, i.e. carry in SC only.

I realize that that new regs allow other state permit holders to carry in SC.

No problem, it can get confusing. There are several sites including this one where you can determine which states will honor your permit but check out the states carefully. They change and all sites are not always accurate.

What confuses me is when someone who appears to have a SC

permit (and I maybe making a big assumption here) says that they thought an S.C. permit only allows them to carry in S.C.

Difficult to interpret items like the sign law and such I can understand. But reciprocity and which states you can carry in are pretty well covered in the class. Yes, this changes... but.....

You have to check the State you are planning on visiting...
1 You may not be allowed to carry period!
2 You may be allowed to Carry period!
3 You can have Full Reciprocity, or
4 their State just may recognise your permit.

and you need to check before you go that way.

does this mean that i CAN legally carry in fl with the sc permit now without the fl non res permit? do i have to follow sc carry laws (no in restaurants that serve alkyhol, etc.) or fl laws? i'm still having trouble with the differences between reciprocity/recongnizing/honoring permits...

does this mean that i CAN legally carry in fl with the sc permit now without the fl non res permit? do i have to follow sc carry laws (no in restaurants that serve alkyhol, etc.) or fl laws? i'm still having trouble with the differences between reciprocity/recongnizing/honoring permits...
You can carry in FL with our SC permit now. You have to follow the laws of the state you are in not SC laws. Go to the FL forum and read the laws for carry in FL. I print the carry laws for the state I'm going to be in and highlight the differences in each state. I keep it in my vehicle so I can refer to it if I have any questions.

Florida carry laws are really pretty simple. There are few places like schools, police stations, etc which are no carry, see the law.

Our bar carry law is simple but strange... you MAY carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. You MAY NOT carry in a bar whose primary purpose is the serving of alcohol and not food or in the "bar" room of a restaurant.

It is pretty easy to determine if a place is considered a bar or not as smoking is allowed in bars but not in restaurants. So if smoking is allowed it is likely no carry.

As to the bar-room of a restaurant, just don't belly up and you will be OK unless there is an actual separate bar room then consider that whole room off limits. It is generally considered acceptable to walk through however such as going to the john, just try not to shoot anyone in the bar room on your way.:sarcastic:

YOU MAY CONSUME ALCOHOL while carrying in Florida (though it is not a requirement and may not be a good idea). It can get you in trouble if you have the weapon in your hand at above .05.

There is nothing like posted off limits etc. in Florida. Either it is specified in statute or it is legal (though they can still ask you to leave).

There is no open carry so keep it concealed completely.

That's basically the gist, other than that you can pretty much carry anywhere.

Dan, don't look for GA to be on the list anytime soon. Just send in $20 to NH and get a NR permit and you'll be good to go.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back