SC Gunsmith - Parkerize

Danno

I live in Greenville, and am looking to have my old (was my Dad's) 1911 parkerized in GI grey, or GI Black. It's about 55 yrs old, shoots great but doesn't look that great. It has some blemishes in the blueing. I would like to get it looking as good as it shoots.

I know that there are DIY kits out there, but I don't want to experiment on this gun - I want it done right - plus I don't have access to anything to remove the blueing, and I don't want it sand blasted. From what I've read, bead blasting, or using walnut shells is the best way, and doesn't harm the metal.

Does anyone know of anyone in the upstate that does this? I've seen places online that do it, for about $100-$150, but I'd have to ship via FFL both ways, and that's a pain, plus another expense.

Thanks ya'll!

Danno I can take care of it for you. If you want to get together one day we can knock it out in a few hours.

You want it like this?

Dscn0709.jpg

sounds like a deal to me!

I was going to suggest you ask the folks at Luthies who to call or where to go but Red Hat above is the way to go....

the only thing I wanted to point out is that you don't have to use an FFL to ship your gun to a gun smith and neither do they to ship it back...

I live in Greenville, and am looking to have my old (was my Dad's) 1911 parkerized in GI grey, or GI Black. It's about 55 yrs old, shoots great but doesn't look that great. It has some blemishes in the blueing. I would like to get it looking as good as it shoots.

I know that there are DIY kits out there, but I don't want to experiment on this gun - I want it done right - plus I don't have access to anything to remove the blueing, and I don't want it sand blasted. From what I've read, bead blasting, or using walnut shells is the best way, and doesn't harm the metal.

Does anyone know of anyone in the upstate that does this? I've seen places online that do it, for about $100-$150, but I'd have to ship via FFL both ways, and that's a pain, plus another expense.

Thanks ya'll!

Would you be able to get around the FFL shipping part if you disassemble it and mail it piece by piece?

Wow, that looks nice! That is exactly the look I was looking for too! What's your fee?

Danno I can take care of it for you. If you want to get together one day we can knock it out in a few hours.

You want it like this?

Dscn0709.jpg

There is no 'getting around the FFL' you just flat out don't need to use one to ship your gun to someone for repair or work... it is not a transfer... No different than if you shipped the gun back to the factory.... UPS or FEDEX should let you ship it straight to them... then they (factory or gunsmith) can ship it straight back to you.

SC gunsmith

A couple of people have given accurate info on sending the firearm to be worked on. I had a Ruger .22 pistol that was in need of repair, and I sent it to Sturm, Ruger via UPS with no problem at all. they repaired it and returned it via UPS with no problem. On top of that, they repaired the pistol, which included replacing a couple of parts, with no cost.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back