SC, 2 Robbers Dead After Shooting

Red Hat

Two more robbers bite the dust!

Link Removed

Two men are dead after a failed home invasion Friday night.

Greenville County Sheriff's deputies responded to Crestwood Forest Apartments near Poinsett Highway and Highway 253 after receiving a 9-1-1 call around 9:15. After arriving they located a man lying on the ground with a ski mask and weapon nearby.

According to a report released by the Sheriff's Office, the man, identified as 22-year old Steven Peace Thomas, of Columbia, was already dead after a suffering a gunshot wound to the chest.

A short time later, another man, 28-year old Travis Rodriguez Howard, of Taylors, arrived at Greenville Memorial Hospital and suffering from a gunshot wound. The Greenville County Coroner's office say Howard died around 10:50 p.m. after a bullet went through his buttocks and struck several blood vessels in his abdomen causing him to bleed to death.

According to neighbors, authorities believe that Thomas and Howard attempted to enter an apartment during a robbery attempt when they encountered resistance and shots were fired. No charges or arrests have been made in this case.

The incident came less than 24 hours after another fatal shooting in Greenville County resulted in two people being killed, one other injured and two men in custody.

Five people have died this month from shootings in Greenville County, compared to just one in 2006.

EDIT, Found a better article on the shooting.

Last edited:
good guys 2 - bad guys 0! Another great example of what happens when law abidding citizens have the means to protect themselves!

Why do they have to through this comment into this artical?
"The incident came less than 24 hours after another fatal shooting in Greenville County resulted in two people being killed, one other injured and two men in custody.

Five people have died this month from shootings in Greenville County, compared to just one in 2006."

Lets see the other shooting has 2 men in custody so I'm guessing it was a criminal act were as this shooting was justifiable self defense. I would love to see stat showing justifiable self defense vs criminal homicide.

The Greenville news rag shows where they stand on 2A by their article on the shooting. Notice they never said that no charges or arrests have been made. Just left it open by saying No other details were available early today. Which is BS. They also lumped the druggie gang bangers shootings with a citizen protecting him/herself!

Link Removed

Six shot, 3 dead in 2 incidents, officials say
Two men charged with murder

Published: Saturday, December 29, 2007 - 2:00 am

By E. Richard Walton and Nathaniel Cary
STAFF WRITERS
[email protected]

Six people were shot -- three fatally -- in separate shootings in less than 24 hours in Greenville County.

Late Friday night, a man was shot and killed at Crestwood Forest Apartments on State Park Road, said Master Deputy Michael Hildebrand of the Sheriff's Office. A ski mask and a weapon were found near the man outside the apartments, he said.

The man's identity hadn't been released early today.

Witnesses said they heard shooting and then saw a man fall to the ground, Hildebrand said.

He said investigators later discovered that a second man had suffered a gunshot wound and was undergoing surgery at Greenville Memorial Hospital. "We think the two shootings might be related," he said.

Investigators were questioning five people -- four men and one woman, Hildebrand said.

No other details were available early today.
The shootings happened soon after arrests were made Friday in another incident in which four people were shot -- two fatally late Thursday night.

Two men were charged with murder in what authorities called a dispute over drugs in the Glass Street area.

"It's something to do with drugs," Hildebrand said. He said deputies have responded to a high volume of calls, many of them drug-related, in the area. "It's one of our highest," he said.

Two men suffered fatal gunshots and two other people were wounded, he said.

Jamel Ben-Asab Ray-El, 24, of 8 Glass St., died at 11:26 p.m. Thursday of a single gunshot wound to the arm and chest, said Karie Cain, a Greenville County deputy coroner. He was from Detroit, she said.

Timothy Sullivan, 28, also of 8 Glass St., died after being shot in the chest, said Linda Holbrook, another deputy coroner.

Two other unidentified people were hospitalized, investigators said.

Glenn Daedward Boyd, 19, 11 Kerns Ave., and Cornelius Trymane Cummings, 19, of 112 Windmill Road, Taylors, have been charged with murder, according to warrants.

Both also were charged with two counts of assault and battery with intent to kill and unlawful possession of a pistol.

Boyd turned himself in at the Greenville County Sheriff's Office Law Enforcement Center, Hildebrand said. He was being held in the Greenville County Detention Center.

Cummings had been arrested earlier in the day on an unrelated charge, Hildebrand said.

A passerby noticed a man lying wounded in the road at about 10:30 p.m. Sheriff's deputies responded and the man was taken to Greenville Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead from two gunshot wounds to the chest.

I don't have any sympathy for the robbers. I am glad the good guys are ok and not being charged with anything. It's always nice to see someone be able to protect themselves and not be charged as criminals.

Pro good guy...

Do any of you guys and girls get arguments from family for your stand on the second ammendment? My oldest son says I am always voicing my pro gun stand and using propaganda to justify. I just try to relate the stories that I hear on the forums that I go to regularly.

I guess he won't change his mind till he is affected by something or gets a better education....

Do any of you guys and girls get arguments from family for your stand on the second ammendment? My oldest son says I am always voicing my pro gun stand and using propaganda to justify. I just try to relate the stories that I hear on the forums that I go to regularly.

I guess he won't change his mind till he is affected by something or gets a better education....
A repeated message tends to abide by the law of diminishing returns. If you say it 100 times or 10,000 times, it's about the same.

When I was young, my father used to emphasize independence and being able to do a wide variety of things for oneself. It mostly went in one ear and out the other. It wasn't until I grew up and moved away, and over time, saw people who, incredibly, actually can't do things for themselves (like drive, enroll for college, use a checkbook, learn new software) without someone holding their hand all the way through, that I realized the importance of this. These are normal people, too...not mentally handicapped. I just couldn't fathom that people were really like that, until I started living around them.

He may take for granted the fact that guns have always been around. He might not have to get robbed to learn the importance of owning a gun, but he may take some time to realize that most people are completely unarmed and unable to defend themselves. Once it sinks in, he'll realize you were right all along.

The Greenville news rag shows where they stand on 2A by their article on the shooting. Notice they never said that no charges or arrests have been made. Just left it open by saying No other details were available early today. Which is BS. They also lumped the druggie gang bangers shootings with a citizen protecting him/herself!

As a former employee of the Greenville News (and glad of it) that doesn't surprise me a bit. They are extremely liberal, and 100 anti-gun. I tried several times to have intelligent conversations with several people there, not just about guns, but other "hot" topics - it is extremely difficult to even get anything that makes sense out of them! I was there for about a year and a half, and am VERY happy to move on. At least I wasn't in the newsroom, or I would have completely lost it!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back