Saiga Shotguns

B2Tall

Stirrer of the Pot
Anyone here own a Saiga shotgun??

Opinions? Impressions?

For a while now I've toyed with the idea of getting one for recreational purposes...wreaking havoc on inanimate objects, killing rabid watermelons, etc.

if you're talking about the 12ga. semi......I've seen it and want one. My uncle shot one with the 20rd drum last week and said that with 00 buckshot it was quite the bucking bronco. I handled one recently and it felt pretty good. Oh well, if I can't afford it (it was $600 new) I guess I'll have to settle for the Mossberg 500 Pursuader. Not a bad fall back plan, huh?

I saw the video the other day and it rekindled my interest. Had one in my hands today. Didn't buy it but I'm pretty sure I will after the holidays.

P.S. OldOwl....showing me that video is like dangling a bag of smack in front of a junkie! :biggrin:

if you're talking about the 12ga. semi......I've seen it and want one. My uncle shot one with the 20rd drum last week and said that with 00 buckshot it was quite the bucking bronco. I handled one recently and it felt pretty good. Oh well, if I can't afford it (it was $600 new) I guess I'll have to settle for the Mossberg 500 Pursuader. Not a bad fall back plan, huh?

What else can you tell us about it? What are your thoughts on build and reliability, possible trouble areas? Is it a Di or piston? I'm very interested in one of these. The price in the link I posted was $499 I think and $425 for the 30 round drum. I'm thinking buy it in NH with no tax, register it here and keep the drum in NH or Maine and have 10 round mags here. I'd have to sell my 870 to get it, so I'd want to know how reliable it is before buying one. I know I can hammer in nails and drag the 870 through the mud and it still works.

Saiga 12 ga.

These are Kalishnakov based guns with a gas driven piston. They were designed originally for war so run best with High Brass ammo.

However we sell, shoot and convert these guns so that they have the FCG moved forward, new stocks and pistol grips, polished internals and different recoil and hammer springs. When we are done they are just as reliable with low brass and bird shot. And are full 922R compliant.
There are tons of add ons for these guns, brakes that will reduce felt recoil by 15%, all manner of rails, stocks and fore grips.

They are extremely reliable guns and a lot of fun. After we do what we do, it is an entirely different gun then what comes out of the box when it comes to eating any ammo that you put into it and even the charging is smoother. We grind down the bolt and carrier and polish all friction surfaces so that it will load on a closed bolt, reshape and polish the hammer and lower the trigger pull.
We'll sell them for $474.00 stock to members of CCR plus SH of $30.00 and we have 20 round drums for $86.00 delivered by the most reliable drum maker in the business. These are 2nd gen drums. These are guns right from the factory before we perform the optional services on them.
The changes that we do can run between a few hundred and 1200 depending on the options chosen.

We will also sell you the parts should you be a DIY type.
We also sell a fair amount of the Saiga .308 as well in 21.8" barrel. $459.00 plus $ 35.00 SH
Any questions leave a message here and I'll try to answer them. Better yet leave me a PM.

I never bothered to look at the Saiga12 until I saw one mow down a 10 plate rack at the Zombie shoot @ DPMS. My friend and I looked at one another and said "WE NEED TO GET ONE OF THOSE!" I had mine within a week. The only thing that I have done to it is changed the fore grip, stock and put a SHARK BREAK on it. I did an initial cleaning and have not cleaned it yet. I DO NOT TREAT MY GUNS LIKE THAT BUT I WANTED TO TEST IT. I HAVE JUST UNDER 800 RDS OF 12GA THROUGH IT WITH ONLY LUBING IT. The only failures I had were due to the mag. Most come in a sporterized version which is nothing they just moved the trigger group back in the receiver and put a cheap rifle type stock on it. What you can do to modify the Saiga is just a matter of how deep your pockets are and if you want to spend the money. Just Google the Saiga12. You can make this thing look and function like an AR shotgun. If you do get one get Sure fire mags and the 20-30rd drums are cool but kind of bulky. There is not much you won't be able to handle with 2 12rd mags. I will stop babbling now. LET ME JUST SAY THIS...THE RUSH YOU GET WHEN YOU DUMP 12-20 RDS OF 12GA ON TARGET IS PRETTY COOL. I AM REALLY NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO CLEANING IT. I MAY JUST PAY ONE OF MY BUDDIES LOL. GOOD LUCK

Last edited:
I love my Saiga 12 nearly as much as my Saiga .223...

Not so crazy about the drum mags...both my friend who introduced me to Saiga and I have had quite a few FTLs with them.

:pleasantry:

Ftl

If you take the time to either do the mods or have someone like us do them, you will rarely have FTF, FTE, FTL.

And cleaning the gun is a snap--not like an AR. Clean the barrel, clean the gas block up front and the tappet inside and you'll rarely have to do anything else.

I have a .308, a 7.62x39 and 2, 12ga. all converted and everyone who fires any of them wants one.
The .308 is a more accurate rifle than the .223 version in my experience.
So is the 7.62 which I like more than my ARs.

Anyone here own a Saiga shotgun??

Opinions? Impressions?

For a while now I've toyed with the idea of getting one for recreational purposes...wreaking havoc on inanimate objects, killing rabid watermelons, etc.

I would definitely recommend changing the stock.
I find the hollowness and lightness of the stock offsetting - feels cheap!
I would recommend putting on a pistol grip.

As for action, they work great - no complaints
Regular magazine no feeding issues
I don't have a drum magazine

These are Kalishnakov based guns with a gas driven piston. They were designed originally for war so run best with High Brass ammo.

However we sell, shoot and convert these guns so that they have the FCG moved forward, new stocks and pistol grips, polished internals and different recoil and hammer springs. When we are done they are just as reliable with low brass and bird shot. And are full 922R compliant.
There are tons of add ons for these guns, brakes that will reduce felt recoil by 15%, all manner of rails, stocks and fore grips.

They are extremely reliable guns and a lot of fun. After we do what we do, it is an entirely different gun then what comes out of the box when it comes to eating any ammo that you put into it and even the charging is smoother. We grind down the bolt and carrier and polish all friction surfaces so that it will load on a closed bolt, reshape and polish the hammer and lower the trigger pull.
We'll sell them for $474.00 stock to members of CCR plus SH of $30.00 and we have 20 round drums for $86.00 delivered by the most reliable drum maker in the business. These are 2nd gen drums. These are guns right from the factory before we perform the optional services on them.
The changes that we do can run between a few hundred and 1200 depending on the options chosen.

We will also sell you the parts should you be a DIY type.
We also sell a fair amount of the Saiga .308 as well in 21.8" barrel. $459.00 plus $ 35.00 SH
Any questions leave a message here and I'll try to answer them. Better yet leave me a PM.

Pretty much the 10/22 of the shotgun world huh? :biggrin: Please forgive my ignorance... when you say "We" who are you talking about? How well do they perform out of the box? And are they MA compliant? Thanks.

I will stop babbling now. LET ME JUST SAY THIS...THE RUSH YOU GET WHEN YOU DUMP 12-20 RDS OF 12GA ON TARGET IS PRETTY COOL. I AM REALLY NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO CLEANING IT. I MAY JUST PAY ONE OF MY BUDDIES LOL. GOOD LUCK

PLEASE! Babble on! That's how we learn here. I'm eager to learn. Thank you to EVERYONE who contributes to this thread. Well, every thread actually.

WE

We is my company. Quiksolve Solutions LLC my IT biz that holds the FFL license. However we have a new site that is online with just test product at this time.
www.gunandhome.com

They run pretty good out of the box as long as you don't use Walmart Bulk Pack ammo.

As for MA compliance--the way I read the law they are as long as you don't have a high capacity magazine (more than 5 shotgun shells or more than 10 of other ammo).
So that makes them conform as they come with a 5 round factory mag for the 12 ga. and 8 round mag for the 308. 10 round mags are available as are larger ones.
In CA they conform after we put a Mag Release Block over the release so that a bullet or tool is used instead of a finger. $75.00

They're a little more than the 10/22 LOL.

They will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Do a search for "Mud Saiga" on Youtube and you will see how they work after being pulled out of a mud puddle and being run over by a troop truck.

That would be a class B with 5 rounds. Class A you can have 10 rounds in a shotgun.
EDIT: I JUST looked deeper into it. If it's a semi auto, 5 rounds is the MAX. This state just sux more every day. Can't keep up with the laws. I got nervous for a minute cuz my 870 holds 9.

By 10/22 I meant the amount of goodies you can add on are endless!

OK I'm on the case, I want one of these bad boys, I'll pm you soon. Thank you.

I have had a SAIGA12 since CDNN was offering them for $269-299. 18 inch barrel with removable choke. I have never has any problems with it in over 1000 rds either before, or after the PG conversion. Mine has worked fine with Wally world bulk packs on setting #2. #1 using heavy loads.

If you plan to get one, get it soon. The Russian American Armory importer of Saiga 12 has lost their import license. There will be a new importer once the current stock runs out. My FFL called the distributor, and was told that the next importer will raise the price by $150 right out of the gate. I wanted one of these 2 years when they were just $375. I just paid $550 plus tax for mine here in sunny cold CT.

I won't be using mine right away. I plan to smith and smooth out all the guts to make it flow with low go ammo.

Tried to find Saiga 5 round factory mags, but they seem to be the most scarce. 8 and 12 round mags no prob, 12 and 20 round drums are available. I'd just like one more 5 round mag... If I can't get it done with 10x12G, I may need to use plan B

Me and my big mouth.

I show a couple of friends some YouTube videos of the Saiga 12 in action. A few hours later my phone is ringing. It's my dealer.....gun dealer that is :biggrin:

Him: "So....I hear you're interested in a Siaga 12??"

Me: "News travels fast."

Him: "I've got a couple in stock. $499 but for you I can do a little better"

Me: (eyes rolling) "Oh really...."

Him: "Yup. Get it now because the prices will be going up".

Me: "You're evil. Delete my phone number".

After finishing my Christmas shopping (that's right...I do it early) I decided to treat myself. Got a Draco AK "pistol". I'll save my nickels and dimes and it looks like I'll be getting a Saiga sooner rather than later.

Thanks to all for their input. I'm convinced.

Saiga mags

We have all size mags in stock 2-20 no problem.

And your gun dealer was right. We used to sell them for $449.00 but our costs have gone up 30 bucks a gun 2 days ago. We are still buying them at below the normal distributor price to dealers though until the stock runs out.

The new importer, Arsenal has already raised wholesale prices.

Saiga 12 shotgun

We have all size mags in stock 2-20 no problem.

And your gun dealer was right. We used to sell them for $449.00 but our costs have gone up 30 bucks a gun 2 days ago. We are still buying them at below the normal distributor price to dealers though until the stock runs out.

The new importer, Arsenal has already raised wholesale prices.

What would a NIB Saiga 12 cost, what would mods cost like the cleanup changes you offer?

Thanks...:pleasantry:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back