Safely Locking a Firearm in a Soft Top Jeep

Mudinyeri

Well, the unofficial start of summer is here and I thought this topic might make for some interesting discussion (even though many of us drive our soft top Jeeps in the winter as well).

If you drive a Jeep CJ, YJ, TJ, etc. with a soft top, how do you secure your carry weapon when you go into places that don't allow carry? I know, I know ... just don't go there .... We'll some of us work in places that don't allow carry. Some of us have to conduct business in places that don't allow carry. It's not as simple as just not going there.

There's a company called Tuffy that makes several products like these:

137823-md.jpg

Tuffy 248-01 - Tuffy Security Products Conceal Carry Security Drawer for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited (No flip seat) - Quadratec

36538-md.jpg

Tuffy 021 - Tuffy Under Seat Security Drawer for 76-06 Jeep® CJ, YJ, & TJ - Quadratec

36304-md.jpg

Tuffy 066-02 - Tuffy Speaker & Security Console for 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

You could always bolt in something like this but I'm not sure it would fit under the seat:

Link Removed

What have you done?

Bought a GunVault multi standard (80.00) with steel cable, and put it behind the passenger seat in the truck

Are you, perhaps, referring to the Nano?

Link Removed

No I have the multi and the mini - I have an extended cab pickup and the multi is behind the passenger seat on the floor with a cable - the mini is screwed to the side of my wood frame bed.

Oh yes, and the truck vault is within reach and pretty easy to open due to finger slots, and putting it under the seat doesn't seem too accessible or quick if that's what you were looking at the nano for.

Last edited:
Several weeks ago I posted in the "Concealed Carry and Handgun Gear" forums about my experience with a break-in. My AutoSafe by Sentry managed to thwart the low-life who broke into my truck. Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/concealed-carry-handgun-gear/12808-good-news-bad-news.html

Yes, BGs are stupid and lazy, and want in and out in 1 minute, so any screwed down or cabled safe or vault is absolutely a must, especially if you go into a place where you can't carry & leave the gun in the vehicle - although I don't go to those places normally.

The Armloc case has hardware to make it easy to attach to both a flat surface and the angle iron of a bed frame (as in your hotel room).

Given time and money, I'd fit such a vehicle with a lockable compartment, NOT obvious to the observer. But a good hard transport case, which can only be removed if opened, is a pretty good quick solution.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back