S&W Titanium 38 Special

Aslan

I recently purchased a titanium S&W 38 special. It is small and lightweight. It slips easily into a trousers pocket, and with a pocket holster, loses enough of its shape to conceal its presence. I haven't had the pleasure of firing it yet, but plan to do so soon. I imagine it has quite a kick, and for this reason I purchased Federal low recoil 38 special ammo. Anyone here own this hand gun? I'd appreciate your comments.

I recently purchased a titanium S&W 38 special. It is small and lightweight. It slips easily into a trousers pocket, and with a pocket holster, loses enough of its shape to conceal its presence. I haven't had the pleasure of firing it yet, but plan to do so soon. I imagine it has quite a kick, and for this reason I purchased Federal low recoil 38 special ammo. Anyone here own this hand gun? I'd appreciate your comments.

I have a couple of them. The 360 with the exposed hammer, and a 340PD with the concealed hammer. My wife also has a 340PD for those times when she doesn't want to carry her full size purse or holster with her Glock 26. In a small purse it carries easily. I carry one in my pocket daily in a Kramer Pocket Holster. In short and t-shirt weather or when I need to be low profile carry, it beats carrying a mouse gun. And it's an easy way to carry a back-up, while I'm carrying a larger pistol. 2 speed strips in the opposite pocket help balance out the load.
As for the way it shoots, well...... I can only say, I don't like to shoot it. But it's one of those guns that you carry alot and shoot a little bit. It stings a little and can be somewhat uncomfortable, because of the weight of the gun. I do practice with it, but it's not a fun gun to shoot. The 38's are tolerable, the 38 +p's are uncomfortable, and the 357 mag rounds make you grit your teeth. My load of choice is the 38 Speer Gold Dot 135 gr. "Short Barrel" +p load. It's about as controlable as it will get, accurate, and I believe will get the job done if I have to yank this little gem out of the pocket. Is it the ultimate carry gun? No, but it will get carried when others won't.

I have a couple of them. The 360 with the exposed hammer, and a 340PD with the concealed hammer. My wife also has a 340PD for those times when she doesn't want to carry her full size purse or holster with her Glock 26. In a small purse it carries easily. I carry one in my pocket daily in a Kramer Pocket Holster. In short and t-shirt weather or when I need to be low profile carry, it beats carrying a mouse gun. And it's an easy way to carry a back-up, while I'm carrying a larger pistol. 2 speed strips in the opposite pocket help balance out the load.
As for the way it shoots, well...... I can only say, I don't like to shoot it. But it's one of those guns that you carry alot and shoot a little bit. It stings a little and can be somewhat uncomfortable, because of the weight of the gun. I do practice with it, but it's not a fun gun to shoot. The 38's are tolerable, the 38 +p's are uncomfortable, and the 357 mag rounds make you grit your teeth. My load of choice is the 38 Speer Gold Dot 135 gr. "Short Barrel" +p load. It's about as controlable as it will get, accurate, and I believe will get the job done if I have to yank this little gem out of the pocket. Is it the ultimate carry gun? No, but it will get carried when others won't.

Yes, it will get carried, and that's saying a lot. Mine has an exposed hammer, which I chose because of the ability to cock and decock. I have had no problem with the hammer catching which is one reason one might opt for the concealed hammer. It just doesn't seem to be a problem.

From what you said, I am not looking forward to firing it. lol But when I do, I hope I don't find it too annoying.

I wouldn't think of firing 357 mag rounds; I talked to an owner of this hand gun when I bought it and he explained it to me in much the same way you have. Why would I anyway? For its intended purpose, I don't see the advantage of anything greater than 38 rounds, not that I wouldn't rather have my 45 if it were easier to carry concealed. My goal was to find a hand gun that was effortless to carry concealed, but with more stopping power than a 22 or 32 or even a 380 or 9mm. The S&W titanium 38 special fills the bill.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back