S&W Sigma 40 Caliber question

bigdogbarber

I am new to firearms. Been shooting about 2 years now with guns that friends have owned. I recently bought a S&W Sigma 40 caliber after a lot of research. I went out for the 2nd time shooting this past weekend and shot very well according to the requirements for a CWP in my state. My question is even though the "heavy trigger" doesn't seem to be bothering my shooting too much, will lightening the trigger help my accuracy or should I just stick with what I have and not make any changes?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

DJ

Yes a lighter trigger will help but is not necessary. From what I read, there is one spring to remove that changes the trigger pull only. Hard gun to beat for the price.

Be safe with any changes you make

I have a sigma as my carry firearm. There is two springs that can removed to make the trigger lighter. I do not remember right off where I found it. You can google search it. It is not very hard to do.

I would advise chains

I would advise against modifying the trigger of any gun you use for personal defense. It would be very easy for an over zelous DA to argue that you "Wanted to male it easier to kill someone."
I had the same issue when I switched from my Sig to an M&P.

I would advise against modifying the trigger of any gun you use for personal defense. It would be very easy for an over zelous DA to argue that you "Wanted to male it easier to kill someone."

This arguement is a non-issue, easily put to bed if someone is dumb enough to make it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back