Runners Carry

Dog5911

I enjoy running/jogging but i am looking for a way to carry concealed while out running, any ideas, suggestions, what works and what does not. Thanks!

Forget Iwb, your pants will be on the ground by the end of the block. pocket can be problematic too, this is one if few times I will pull out the old shoulder holster.

Ultimately what works and what does not is a very individual decision.
Fanny packs work for some and seem to be fairly common for joggers.
An IWB with a sweat shirt or long wind breaker. Suspenders can help with the sagging pants.

For years I ran cross country with a padded holster (Uncle Mike's?) small-of-back, with a leather belt on the outside, tightly cinched to prevent chafing and to keep the load (gun, ammo, & knife) from bouncing. A really long shirt conceals everything pretty well.

Used to use a web belt with soft holster. No longer run CC but do jog a bit. The little Colt 25 was not much but better than nothing. Would probably use a Keltec or LCP in 380 now.

There is a manufacturer that makes a crotch holster just for the purpose of running. It is like a fanny pack but the pack puts the gun inside your pants just below your belly button and above your junk. It has a wide web belt and quick snap clip for on and off.

Do a web search for 'runners gun pouch'

Sounds like you have lots of options. Myself I like IWB at 3:30 wearing shorts or jeans, and a fanny pack with sweats. I would suggest carrying a fanny pack or a small backpack as a backup plan. Nothing worse than getting out in the middle of nowhere and finding out the new carry is not what you expected.

I can barely walk at this point due to a motorcycle wreck a while back, and I didn't run before that, But I could see having good success with a shoulder holster and a really light jacket. Beware of a sweaty t-shirt showing the outline of the shoulder straps perfectly.

Try a belly band. Under a tshirt and itvwould be great. I think the key here is having a light weight gun.
I am getting a PF9 & I have a air weight .38 just for those reasons to use with a belly band or kangaroo holster while jogging. Nothing else seems like q good option.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back