Ruger SR22 barrel

dogshawred

Some time ago after buying a SR22 I found Twin Tech Tactical out of Texas that had a threaded barrel for the weapon. I purchased one and after many rounds 1000's through the barrel without incident and great accuracy.
~
On August 7, I received an e-mail for John Brady the owner of Twin Tech letting me know about a suppressor they are manufacturing and selling under the product name The Vortec. I am including the content of this e-mail so you are all aware of this new product available to us by a company that produces quality products.

~
E-MAIL:
We are pleased to announce that Twin Tech Tactical has developed our own Suppressor. Our new Suppressor is called The Vortec. The Vortec is 1”in Diameter and 5 ¾” in length, it weighs 5.7 ounces and is rated for.17 HM2 .17 HMR .22LR and .22Mag. Link Removed
~
We’ve been developing the Vortec for about 14 months and have achieved an average decibel level of 114db’s with bulk ammunition.
We’ve also done some side by side tests with some very well known suppressors with our friends at The Silencer Shop in Austin, TX. The Vortec fell within 2db’s on average, of one of the “High End” rim fire suppressor they sell.
~
Our suggested Retail Price on the .22LR Vortec is $285.00 which is about 50% less expensive than that “High End” suppressor.
It is currently only available at Gun Silencers For Sale : Buy Silencer For Pistol - Rifle - Shotgun - Silencer Shop , you may have to ask for it specifically as they haven’t had time to put it up on their site. If you prefer to buy it from your local dealer, we are currently developing a distribution network with Class 3 Dealers nationwide, and you can ask them just to contact us.

Howdy dogshawred,

It's just a standard run of the mill monocore suppressor/silencer that anyone that is a shadetree machinist can build in a couple of hours.

At 116db with bulk ammo it's nothing stellar.

Even the price is so-so at $285.00 + $200.00 for the tax stamp isn't anything to write home about.

Also at 5.7oz it's kinda heavy for a .22LR suppressor/silencer.

Just my $.02 and your mileage my vary.

Paul

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back