Ruger LCP

jg1967

I stopped at my local gun store today and picked up a Riger LCP. I had long been wanting a BUG and it seemed to fit the bill quite nicely. Originally I had intended to get a small Bera but they had sold it. I am not normally one for spontaneous purchases but I figured with this one I could not go too wrong.

Anything I should need to know?

Great EDC gun. Check out Link Removed for a nice owb pancake. Go shoot it a lot to get use to the long trigger pull. Enjoy!

I love it for a 'Bug'. It shoots well, but as you will hear form others it it not a pistol that you will take to the range to plink around. I can hold a fist size grouping at five paces with no problem. This make mee confident enough to carry the LCP.

I wear an xl golf glove and I love to plink with my LCP. Hold tight with non-shooting hand, control the trigger, and enjoy.

I have had this gun for about 8 months. It is my EDC during summer and warmer months because of wearing dress clothes at work, I can pocket conceal this easily. Now as far as plinking. If you shoot it more, you will do much better with it. I often shot 200-250 rounds during my range trips when I first bought it. Also, with practice, you can hit a paper plate at 50 yards with this gun. I have shocked more than one friend by shooting consistently at 25 yards hitting in and around the 8 ring on targets. I'm not the best shot by any means but once you get a handle on elsie, I think you will feel very confident carrying. also check out elspeaforum for lots of info on this gun and accessories from fellow owners. :) good luck and happy and safe shooting.

You wont be disappointed if you by the gun. I've had mine for quite awhile and it's turned into my daily carry. Remarkably its very accurate for a small and short barreled gun, and as Doug said above...you can impress the hell out of people at the range with it!

Surprisingly accurate. Beautifully comfortable to carry. But I do have a few misgivings. Double action trigger pull every time is a big turnoff. Action does not lock open on empty mag, which slows the tactical reload. And due to my larger hands, I find the gun difficult to control (I'm adjusting frequently between shots), and a little on the punishing side to shoot more than a box or two at a time with. Again, probably due to the size. Good luck!

I have had this gun for about 8 months. It is my EDC during summer and warmer months because of wearing dress clothes at work, I can pocket conceal this easily. Now as far as plinking. If you shoot it more, you will do much better with it. I often shot 200-250 rounds during my range trips when I first bought it. Also, with practice, you can hit a paper plate at 50 yards with this gun. I have shocked more than one friend by shooting consistently at 25 yards hitting in and around the 8 ring on targets. I'm not the best shot by any means but once you get a handle on elsie, I think you will feel very confident carrying. also check out elspeaforum for lots of info on this gun and accessories from fellow owners. :) good luck and happy and safe shooting.

I think it might be spelled this way: Link Removed ...But then again, who's counting?

I wasn't sure it was polite to quote another forum in here, so I thought I gave enough info for him to find it :) but thanks for filling in the blanks :)

I think it might be spelled this way: Link Removed ...But then again, who's counting?

I'm turning 50, the sights were hard to see. I bought a white paint pen from a crafts store. I painted the front sight white and touched the rear grove with little white marks.

The white helps me line up the sights much better for target shooting. Great little pocket gun. Trigger is long but once you figure out you can pull the trigger 90 percent then get your sight picture before letting the trigger break. The long tigger pull is very manageable with practice.

Chap

I think the Taurus TCP is slightly better. The slide locks back, comes with an extra mag and a carrying case that clips on your belt, kinda like a cell phone case. It also has internal safety options and is 30-50 bucks cheaper. The gun itself is basically the same as far as recoil and trigger pull

You might want to fire quite a few rounds thru the LCP before trusting it, my new one lasted exactly 10 rounds before the take down pin broke causing the trigger to fail to reset.
Lucky I wasn't in a critical situation. Ruger is sending me a new pin but after lots of reading on other forums I find I am not alone with this problem.
I know lots of folks have zero trouble with their LCP, I was the unlucky one and it will have to prove it's self before I trust it 100 percent again.

I love my LCP. Just noticed I only have to pull the slide back 1/2" for the trigger to reset so a double strike is possible I think. I'll have to try it loaded.

We went to the range on Sunday and my wife, her daughter and me all tried it out. I have to say the trigger pull is epically long! I kept pulling on the thing thinking "is it eventually gonna go off?" or "hopefully the BG will just casually shamble towards me and not run!".

I did get some fairly decent hits so I suspect there is a technique that works with this gun once you get the hang of it. Recoil was totally okay for such a small gun, that really surprised me.

Now how to carry it. I bought 2 different bulldog cases, one does not fit (too small) and the other one lets the gun poke out on the lower part. Not real convinced there.

What I am looking for is something that let's me carry it easily and is accessible when seated, any ideas?

Now how to carry it. I bought 2 different bulldog cases, one does not fit (too small) and the other one lets the gun poke out on the lower part. Not real convinced there.

What I am looking for is something that let's me carry it easily and is accessible when seated, any ideas?

Once you shoot this enough times the trigger pull does become part of your memory and doesn't bother you. I do hate the NOT locking back, however after having this gun this long and shooting over 2000 rounds through it, I can say I love it!!! I have a wallet holster. Has a removable snap piece that you can have on to use as a wallet in the back pocket, looks just like a wallet. If you remove that piece (unsnap) and put in front pocket, it looks like you are carrying a money clip. I wear dress slacks and dockers to work and you can not tell I have it in my front pocket. I also made an IWB that looks like the crossbreed microtucks. I really like that way as long as I have a decent shirt to tuck over. Thinner summer shirts don't work as well. I would highly recommend the crossbreed for any holster, but the microtuck for lcp is very nice (I just have the equipment to make, but I did buy one for my G26 and love it)

Which Bulldog case did you get? The one I have works well (the keen eye will realize it is a little big for a cell phone but the casual observer won't likely notice). The gun does go into it upside down though so keep that in mind.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back