Ruger LCP

LOVE it, carry it all through the summer months as my main carry, Don't get out the big guy until the winter attire comes out. Really want to move South.. Accurate and reliable...

Which Bulldog case did you get? The one I have works well (the keen eye will realize it is a little big for a cell phone but the casual observer won't likely notice). The gun does go into it upside down though so keep that in mind.

Probably the same you do but butter me up and call me a biscuit I could not get it in there!

I think it might be spelled this way: Link Removed ...But then again, who's counting?
I'm a member of elsiepeaforum. There are several Ruger testers who post there regularly. The forum has expanded to include other Rugers...LC9, etc.

The one addition I made to my LCP was to install a rubber grip-band.

The LCP pocket-carries very well with a Blackhawk #1 holster. I sometimes use an Uncle Mike's wallet holster with dress pants.

I used an uncle mikes pocket holster for a while but disliked the fitment. Purchased a DeSantis Nemesis and I love it. The outside of the holster grips the inside of the pocket so when you draw the holster stay in the pocket with no movement.

jg1967:229351 said:
Now how to carry it. I bought 2 different bulldog cases, one does not fit (too small) and the other one lets the gun poke out on the lower part. Not real convinced there.

What I am looking for is something that let's me carry it easily and is accessible when seated, any ideas?
Blackhawk #4 Pocket Holster will work!

Probably the same you do but butter me up and call me a biscuit I could not get it in there!

You may have tried this but it goes in completely upside down. There is a hole in the bottom where you should see the chamber area of the barrel (more or less). To draw the weapon place your finger here and push the gun up. It's a tight fit so you may need to let the holster stretch a little.

I like my LCP; ditto on the long trigger pull. I definitely don't plink with it! I have the laserguard from CT, works great.

Blackhawk #4 Pocket Holster will work!

I tried something similar to this, the Nemesis pocket holster, but found that the gun still prints too much for comfort. I have big thighs I guess. I want to find a IWB for it; I've been looking at the minituck from Crossbreed.

My Bersa was a pain in the butt- jammed every 3rd or 4th shot. I bought his/hers Ruger LCPs. I went out of my way to make it jam. I couldn't get jams to happen EXCEPT when I hadn't seated the magazine all the way inside.

I really like my LCP. Added the crimson trace which is a great extra and still fits my pocket holster. Just need more practice to get accustomed to the trigger pull.

I just bought the Link Removed
SIDE MOUNT LASER FOR RUGER LCP CK-AMF MSRP $99.95

I'm trying it out tomorrow at the range.

Chap

I just dry fired this at the store, omfg I thought my finger would snap before it fired! Of course I'm 6'3 240 but wow my hats off to people that put hundreds of rounds through this

LCP trigger strength was done purposely

I just dry fired this at the store, omfg I thought my finger would snap before it fired! Of course I'm 6'3 240 but wow my hats off to people that put hundreds of rounds through this

LCP trigger strength was done purposely and is a great idea, and also a pain in the *****. It was done so that if the retention strap or coins got into the trigger, it was less likely to have a ND. Also, smaller fingers (kids) don't have the strength to activate the trigger (because of negligent storage methods).
The problem is smaller adults and those with arthritis will have a harder time pulling a trigger with that kind of spring strength. Most women have longer and skinnier than men have, and the muscle structure on a male subject. as well as women's fingers (So I've read that women's fingers are typically skinnier and have less strength (by default)than men with bear paws instead of hands. (I hope someone appreciates my really dry humour)
The bigger men that have mush stronger gingers might tell you that the gun is s joke. These are the same people who will tell you that they wouldn't have an "cheap plastic piece of ****** ever in my life" until they try one from 9AM until 3PM, at which point the go into the retail gun shop to trade their 500 S&W for a "cheap plastic piece of (whatever) that they originally said they would have no interest.

Yeah I get the safety aspect of the long pull, it just wasn't for me. Having to keep it maintained would have been to much for me

as far as my fingers getting a little beat up on the trigger, go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy a cheap set of rubber gripping gloves for about $10.00-15.00. Make palms and finger pads are sturdy, Glass handlers gloves work best for me, with mesh on the upper portion and nitrile material on the palms. I buy them one size too small as not to have extra material that might be stuck inside the wrong place at the wrong time. These gloves protect against rubbing and chafing inside the trigger guard.
I recently bought trigger shoes for my matching Kel-Tec P-11s. For those who don't know, trigger shoes widen the surface of the trigger to make it easier to place your finger on it. Make sure you use a heavy-duty glue (Liquid Nails, Gorilla Glue, or epoxy) to glue the shoe onto the trigger before the set screws are set into their place.
I'm guessing that there will be a trigger shoe available soon for the Ruger LCP, as well.

Yeah I get the safety aspect of the long pull, it just wasn't for me. Having to keep it maintained would have been to much for me
Keeping the whole gun mechanically maintained or keeping the trigger pull maintained (consistent) through the whole trigger travel?
As far as keeping your trigger pull consistently controlled, it takes time to develop that skill. "Time" may be measured in seconds, minutes, or hours. OR time may be measured in how many rounds it takes for you to become comfortable and skilled shooting the gun.
I needed "time" or "Trigger time" on my .22LR when I first learned to shoot. It took time and practice to graduate from that .22LR up to a .38 Spl. I had to re-learn everything on that gun. Then I had to get triggertime with a Glock 17 (9mm). That was learning yet a whole new skill-set, as the Semi-auto behaves entirely differently than a revolver. Then I went to a Glock 22 (.40 S&W)- and yes, lots of trigger time before I got used to that one. And the list goes on and on. Two identical Glock 17s, both 9mm, might have their own "individual personalities" that we don't expect them to have. Each one will have a slightly different 'attitude' with you. Why am I saying all of this? Don't let the first 5 shots determine whether you like it or not. After 500-600 shots, you still don't like the gun, then maybe it's not the right one for you.
You wouldn't hop out of a Volkswagen Beetle and jump into a Peterbilt semi cab with a 56 foot trailer without having some sort of learning curve.
Do you own the gun, or does the gun own you?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back