Ruger lcp--recall????

sh2usn

I heard today there is a recall on the ruger lcp. Please check it out, according to my local gunsmith "you drop it, it goes bang"--same problem as the other ruger recall!!!

Yep, the Ruger is definitely so much better than the Kel-Tec.

Recall

I just purchased a Ruger LCP last week and find out this week that there is a recall. Type in Ruger LCP recall on your computer and it will give you a site to submit your name, address, and number off the gun. They will send you a mailing box and pay for the shipping and say they will have it returned within a week along with a new magazine for the aggravation, all of this at no cost to you. Waiting on my shipping box now.

I just purchased a Ruger LCP last week and find out this week that there is a recall. Type in Ruger LCP recall on your computer and it will give you a site to submit your name, address, and number off the gun. They will send you a mailing box and pay for the shipping and say they will have it returned within a week along with a new magazine for the aggravation, all of this at no cost to you. Waiting on my shipping box now.

As am I. I understand they are going to make several minor improvements to the gun as well as fixing the major problem and give you the new magazine with the finger extension. I hate they had to have a recall but I respect them for standing behind their guns, making them right, and making it right for the purchaser.

As I understand it, Ruger invented the transfer bar for revolvers for this problem with them and made it available on all the revolvers they had ever manufactured as well as offered it for use by other manufacturers at no charge. I have the utmost respect for Ruger (but they better not have to have any more recalls :nono:).

Last edited:
I have an LCP. I have confidence in it. Ruger customer service is exemplary. When I asked for the updated hold-back, they sent it to me at no charge. The LCP was the first gun I ever worked on, but I was able to make the change without much difficulty even though it is taken apart considerably to make the exchange.

The fact that they initiated a recall when it is not clear that they were required to do so increases my admiration for the company.

For fans of the LCP: Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back