Ruger LCP Recall Just Announced

Stiofan

Ruger - LCP™ Product Safety Warning and Recall Notice

Not all LCPs are involved, but a substancial amount. Hammer problem when loaded gun is dropped.

They have indicated they will also address the barrel throat problem, and the time in their repair facility will last no more than a week. They will also send you a new magazine with finger grip for your troubles. At anyrate, check to see if your serial number begins with 370-xxxx, which is involved in the recall.

Thank you so much. I got in line 5 minutes ago thanks to your note. I love the idea that they are giving the new magazine with the finger extension!

I hate the idea that Ruger has had a couple of recalls recently but they certainly stand behind their guns and that makes me feel good about them.

Thank God the recall was issued before any serious and possibly fatal malfunctions occurred with them. The antis probably would have then begun classifying Rugers as Saturday Night Specials.

You know, first the SR-9 recall and now this.... makes you wonder if QC is asleep on the job.:lazy:

This also is further proof one shouldn't run right out and buy the newest gun on the market before it's been out awhile and used by consumers - sort of get the "bugs" out, so to speak...:unsure:

You know, first the SR-9 recall and now this.... makes you wonder if QC is asleep on the job.:lazy:

This also is further proof one shouldn't run right out and buy the newest gun on the market before it's been out awhile and used by consumers - sort of get the "bugs" out, so to speak...:unsure:

Ruger has historically had a reputation for making good guns, though. That is one brand I would run out and buy right away if I had the money, because it has the reputation to back it up.

They make excellent revolvers and rifles. They should stick to what they do best. Between Ruger and Taurus, Don't know who's messing up more making semi-auto pistols. :sad: Both companies make excellent revolvers, but they need a lot of practice to perfect ther semi-auto manufacturing.

gf

I liked the old open slide "Berretta" style pistols that Taurus use to make. I had a PT99 in brushed nickel in 9mm that was an excellent pistol. It wasn't really what you would call a easy CC gun as it had a 5 inch barrel. I made the mistake of selling it about 15 years ago.

Done happened!

Thank God the recall was issued before any serious and possibly fatal malfunctions occurred with them. The antis probably would have then begun classifying Rugers as Saturday Night Specials.

Kalifornia already considers the Saturday Night Specials and you can't buy one here.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back