Rock Island Armory 1911A2 .45 w/ 14rd capacity

gunnerbob

PEW Professional
Anybody ever use one? Opinions? Reviews?

Worth $525?

I have a Rock Island 1911 and love it. It's not the model you are asking about, but I depend on mine as my carry weapon. It's not a Kimber. But priced fair IMO.

You can get a STI Spartan for $625 all day long. It will be a much better pistol, but if the 14rnd capacity is that important I do as G50AE suggests and go with the Glock 21

Thanx for the opinions. I know Glocks are fantastics pistols... but they don't fit my hands as comfortable as others, like my M&P. That said, I love 1911s too! I own a Taurus PT1911AR and have thought about getting another, but I'm shopping around for price. I can get another PT1911 for about $650 where I live and the Rock Island is going for $525.

I am trying to get three of each caliber pistol... I am a bit torn about the hi-cap 1911 though, being as the mags aren't interchangable. Decisions?

Again, thanx and keep the ideas coming.

I'm not as familiar with the 1911 type as I want to be. Is this RIA model have a double stack mag? I have seen a few 1911s at my local gun store that the grip was slightly wider than the normal 1911 and the mag was a double stack.

I've been thinking of getting a 1911 and this one might be a good addition to my list of possibles choices. I have bought a GSG 1911/22LR to familiarize myself with the type's controls and feel.

The Glock 21 and Glock 30 pistols are also on my list, but it will come after I purchase a 1911.

1911a2

I don't have experience with the Rock Island Armory weapon, but I give HIGH marks for the Para Ordinance P14. I have the single action variety, and have nothing but great things to say for it. It's worth looking into, and MECGAR makes fantastic mags for it.

Accurate, reliable, and well made. I ran 800 rounds through it at Frontsight, and the only malfunctions were the ones they MADE me induce as part of training.

I don't have experience with the Rock Island Armory weapon, but I give HIGH marks for the Para Ordinance P14. I have the single action variety, and have nothing but great things to say for it. It's worth looking into, and MECGAR makes fantastic mags for it.

Accurate, reliable, and well made. I ran 800 rounds through it at Frontsight, and the only malfunctions were the ones they MADE me induce as part of training.

The Rock Island Hi Caps use a Para P14 frame and p14 mags.

I have a RIA in the 4 inch barrel. Out of the box it was accurate and I had no FFs or FEs. I researched this gun, as I do all my guns, for about a year before I bought one. I was actually working and living in the Philippines, where the RIA are made, when I discovered them. Some of the tests performed on them were the same test done on Glocks...bury in mud, shake off and fire...PASSED...it even fired UNDER the water in a lake. Going price in our area is about $359 new! For the money, this is a deal especially if you are not familiar with 1911s and want to get into the "fan club" but don't want to spend alot of money. I have shot and owned 1911s since 1967 and one thing I know is that they work. Well, some do...I had three Paras that were all junk and the customer service with Para sucks so you could not get me to touch one!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back