Robert Heinlein at the movies.

Nothing could be more true than the statement of the armed, polite society. I've seen it happen in my presence. A bully or aggressive individual with a bad attitude, can suddenly turn into a polite guy with his hat in his hand, when he knows a man is armed and may be willing to put that arm to use if need be.

Notice none of these crackpots make their bones by attacking a Police station! If they really wanted to impress, they go after a harder target, not some mamby-pamby school where everyone knows they're not going to run into any resistance! Candy-asses!

I'm reminded of a [very rude] bit of graffito from my Army days:

Any fool can pee on the floor! Be a Hero . . . crap on the ceiling!

Notice none of these crackpots make their bones by attacking a Police station! If they really wanted to impress, they go after a harder target, not some mamby-pamby school where everyone knows they're not going to run into any resistance! Candy-asses!

I'm reminded of a [very rude] bit of graffito from my Army days:

Any fool can pee on the floor! Be a Hero . . . crap on the ceiling!

Yeah, Have you ever noticed in the real life most shocking videos on TV, where the big bad gang banging thug monkees go into a store to rob it. There are maybe two or three of them with guns. But one lone guy behind the counter pulls a gun and fires, maybe hitting one, if he hits anyone at all, but they all turn tail and haul ass for the door. They are the big badasses. I'm going to be in control, everybody is gonna bow down and give me money and cower in fear, but all of a sudden..... somebody doesn't comply. That big badass gang banging criminal runs like a little school girl. They believe that the gun is a substitute for character, bravery and manhood. They have no respect, and want to cause others to fear them. But when someone meets them on even ground, they show their true side. Cowards.

Yeah, Have you ever noticed in the real life most shocking videos on TV, where the big bad gang banging thug monkees go into a store to rob it. There are maybe two or three of them with guns. But one lone guy behind the counter pulls a gun and fires, maybe hitting one, if he hits anyone at all, but they all turn tail and haul ass for the door. They are the big badasses. I'm going to be in control, everybody is gonna bow down and give me money and cower in fear, but all of a sudden..... somebody doesn't comply. That big badass gang banging criminal runs like a little school girl. They believe that the gun is a substitute for character, bravery and manhood. They have no respect, and want to cause others to fear them. But when someone meets them on even ground, they show their true side. Cowards.

exactly. 98 percent of them are just a bunch of freakin wusses... the other 2 are simply crazy.

I know it's kind've low class and I shouldn't do it, but I'm in California a LOT and I've developed this bad habit when I'm in CA and not allowed to protect myself:
Last year I bought my family dinner at a Denny's (don't start -- not my preference) and was asked for picture ID to go with my debit card. I was talking with my son in law and accidently pulled my Concealed Firearms Permit and handed it to her. The look on her face let me know right away that something was awry!

Now the 'my bad' part is that I've begun to do this on purpose. I've been asked if I was a Federal Officer and explained that I was just a citizen from a 'free state', one cashier just dropped her jaw and nodded her head up and down. I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself...

Text from link:
(A young man asks for a ticket for an R-rated movie and hands me his ID. I’m about to sell him the ticket when the lady behind him speaks up.)

Lady: “Wait! That picture in the ID doesn’t look like him at all!”

(I look at the ID. It appears he’s been sick since the photo was taken, but it’s clearly the same guy.)

Me: “Well, ma’am, I’m fairly certain that this is the correct ID. Now, if you’d just step up–”

Lady: “No! You can’t sell to someone with a fake ID. He could be a terrorist, for God’s sake! You should call the police!”

Me: “Ma’am, that is definitely not necessary. I am responsible for checking identification, and I–”

Lady: “I need to talk to your manager!”

(I begin to respond, but the guy politely waves me off and turns to the woman.)

Man: “Miss, I have another photo ID here, with a more recent picture. Do you think this matches?”

(He pulls a card out of his wallet and hands it to her. She goes completely white.)

Lady: “Well… um… yes, that’s, uh, fine!”

(She squirms for a moment, then exclaims, “I’ll be right back!” She drops the card and leaves the theater in a hurry. I give the guy his ticket.)

Me: “What was that you showed her?”

Man: “Oh, my handgun permit.”

I know it's kind've low class and I shouldn't do it, but I'm in California a LOT and I've developed this bad habit when I'm in CA and not allowed to protect myself:
Last year I bought my family dinner at a Denny's (don't start -- not my preference) and was asked for picture ID to go with my debit card. I was talking with my son in law and accidently pulled my Concealed Firearms Permit and handed it to her. The look on her face let me know right away that something was awry!

Now the 'my bad' part is that I've begun to do this on purpose. I've been asked if I was a Federal Officer and explained that I was just a citizen from a 'free state', one cashier just dropped her jaw and nodded her head up and down. I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself...

Text from link:

I like this plan. I think I will start using it when I am in the Peoples Republic of Illinois. The closest slave state to the free state of Missouri. :biggrin:

Text from link:

Too fun!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back