Road Rage and Shots Fired

Arm Chair Quarterback

That seems like a totally different case to me, as someone who was actually using self defense is being accused of murder. I hope he gets a good attorney and gets off on that.
According to the news story, which probably has at least some inacuracy, because its a news story involving a firearm.

"According to the arrest affidavit, Logan McClelland told police Blehm confronted the family as they were leaving, flipped them off, yelled at them, then reached into the vehicle and hit McClelland's father, who then got out of the truck.

McClelland said he got his father's gun, saw the two arguing, and shot the man.

When Blehm was yelling, speaking, and flipping off the McCellands, did he indicate in anyway he was going to cause them any harm?
When Blehm "reached into the McClelland vehcile what did he do? Bich slap him?
How did McClelland exit their vehicle? Was he pulled out? Or did he exit "hopping mad"?
When little McClelland saw big McClelland arguing with Blehm, what is ment by "argue" Screaming, fist fight or a physical assult?
If Blehm is getting the best of McCleland, does the older man have a serious health condition, that would cause alarm in McClelland Junior?

If junior McClelland is just wittnessing a verbal arguement, or a shoving match, then he will be spending a few years in the prison.

If you are going to use Deadly force it is not mandantory to yell "freeze". However, it might be a good idea to yell "stop, leave me alone" "help" or something that can be read to a jury indicating you feared for your life.

Defiending yourself with a firearm is seirous business.

Guys I agree that with the police according to what was reported, but in this case the use of the firearm was uncalled for, they were both in cars, however as I personaly can attest to if he had ben on a motorcycle then I beleve the use of the firearm would have ben justified, provided you can get on target and shoot before the buttwipe in the car flatens your ass

Here's another summary of my rage example (all true facts, take it with however many grains of salt you like): Guy and son go to tire store to complain about some work that was done previously. Guy gets into argument with store employee. Argument spills out into fight in parking lot. Son shoots store employee multiple times with a 9mm pistol. Son will be in jail for a long time. End of story.

Like others said, this guy will most likely end up with a felony conviction.

When carrying, the LAST thing you ever want to do is have to discharge your weapon. Take EVERY possible avenue to extricate yourself from the situation before resorting to deadly force. I don't care how much an an A-hole someone is, dead is dead, and you don't want to live with questions like, "Did I really have to kill that guy?".

Exactly. When I unholster, I fire, and fire for effect. Long before that I will do everything in my power to extricate myself from the situation even to the point of humbling, apologizing, crying, saying please, running away.
And the bottom line is a person can usually recognize early on where an event is heading. And the time to stop it is at its beginning.

Good stuff Rovershack, welcome to the site.

No, no, no, no, no! I have ADHD and am trying to secure an Indiana PPP right now. I Do. Not. Need. Some doorknob pleading "attention deficit" as an excuse for his road raging idiocy!

This Smith character definitely needs to lose his ticket. At least long enough for him to take Remedial Self-Defense Pistol 101 and Handgun Marksmanship 202. Even if the doorknob named Evans was trying to block him from an exit, you're telling me there was no possible way for Smith to get into the right lane? No possible way to get into the off-ramp? Even if Evans was following and ramming him, far better to come to a smashing, crashing stop and then take a more well-aimed shot than to do so at 70 MPH.

I believe as described, it IS an application of the Texas Castle Doctrine, but it was a very, very dumb application.

The castle doctrine exists but does not prevail. Other TEXAS statutes address the use of deadly force and when it can be employed, and that was the case here. The APD saw a situation where this dude had other options than using deadly force.

Not correcting you here Cathy - I always enjoy your posts - just clarifying.

Here's another summary of my rage example (all true facts, take it with however many grains of salt you like): Guy and son go to tire store to complain about some work that was done previously. Guy gets into argument with store employee. Argument spills out into fight in parking lot. Son shoots store employee multiple times with a 9mm pistol. Son will be in jail for a long time. End of story.

Have you ever personally been involved in a road rage incident?

Have you ever personally been involved in a road rage incident?

Don't know if this is road rage:
I pulled in a McD for a burger last week. Guy coming out almost clipped me. I messed up I guess, because I raised and showed the back of my hand (NOT SHOOTING THE BIRD) but a gesture saying, "hey man, what's up with this?"
When I got out of my vehicle to go inside, watching him all the time, he stops his car and flips me off big time. I just stood there looking at him for a moment because I wanted to do business there, not inside. He finally took off.
I could only figure he probably thought I had flipped him off first and that's what caused this: I made a mental note to refrain from any gestures in the future even innocently.
I also considered that if he had known I had 2 canisters of LEO pepper (nice and hot) and enough ammo and firearms to keep him lit up for about a week, would he have done the same thing?
And the burger was lousy too. :biggrin:

Nope. And you need to go back to the ranch, troll.

Cocked and Locked:

You know I never thought about trolls much until you posted - maybe I need a lesson in really what they are - I don't have a lot of savvy in this area. And I didn't think troll about the question, just figured the guy was interested.

I answered the question from hu--- just for the conversation and possibly getting an answer back that might help educate me.

What do you think?

With Respect,
jsdintexas

I believe the Uncle___ character is most likely the former (or cooincidenal?) JJFlash who went packing with a bunch of his like minded friends awile back. They went away to another site, tails between legs as 'twere, in failure to exert undue dominance over the composition and attitude of certain subjects prevailing in this forum.

Just a WAG. In any event, you can review Unca's posts and see his appearing just recently targeting only certain enemies (myself included) with leading questions. There is a suspicious pattern there that cooincides with the timing and presence or absence of posts from either JJ or Unca. He is basically a disenfranchised nutcase. Trolling:

Link Removed)

Disclaimer: This theory may be completely wrong.

Don't know if this is road rage:
I pulled in a McD for a burger last week. Guy coming out almost clipped me. I messed up I guess, because I raised and showed the back of my hand (NOT SHOOTING THE BIRD) but a gesture saying, "hey man, what's up with this?"
When I got out of my vehicle to go inside, watching him all the time, he stops his car and flips me off big time. I just stood there looking at him for a moment because I wanted to do business there, not inside. He finally took off.
I could only figure he probably thought I had flipped him off first and that's what caused this: I made a mental note to refrain from any gestures in the future even innocently.
I also considered that if he had known I had 2 canisters of LEO pepper (nice and hot) and enough ammo and firearms to keep him lit up for about a week, would he have done the same thing?
And the burger was lousy too. :biggrin:
IMO, it is best if jerkoff's like this road rage guy do not know if you posses pepper, or firearms. If they cross the line, they will find out soon enough.
Showing them your means of protection could entice the jerkoff's into escalting the encouter up a notch or two. Showing the jerkoff your pistol could result in a criminal charge of brandishing a firearm.
My personal method of dealing with such jerkoff's is to smile, and get out of their way. Only a fool with a death wish would attempt to corner a perfect stranger in a full size car or truck, and who may be packing a large bore firearm.
In addition to pepper, and a carry firearm, one could always use the food at McDonalds as a weapon. Their table fare has killed millions.
One more thing. You cary both pepper, and a firearm at the same time?
Escalation of force comes to mind. If one reaches for the firearm first, when it can be legally proven that the pepper spray would of stopped an assult, criminal charges may be pressed against the person with the pepper, and CCW.
This is why I carry one or the other. I am not a LEO, and do not pretend to be one.

I believe the Uncle___ character is most likely the former (or cooincidenal?) JJFlash who went packing with a bunch of his like minded friends awile back. They went away to another site, tails between legs as 'twere, in failure to exert undue dominance over the composition and attitude of certain subjects prevailing in this forum.

Just a WAG. In any event, you can review Unca's posts and see his appearing just recently targeting only certain enemies (myself included) with leading questions. There is a suspicious pattern there that cooincides with the timing and presence or absence of posts from either JJ or Unca. He is basically a disenfranchised nutcase. Trolling:

Link Removed)

Disclaimer: This theory may be completely wrong.
It is clear to me this Uncle guy is a troll. He only comments on the postings of two members. All postings are of very negative content. While the word "nutcase" is harsh, it may be appropriate.
I think the so called troll is the short guy from providence RI who was recently banned.
JJ usually used bigger words, and has a better mastery of the languange.
IMO, USA CARRY is going to be a far better site due to the exdous of the "element" to the ranch.
This is first and formost a firearms, and carry website. Not a polical, or relgious place.
If this person known as the troll wishes to contrinue his nonsence, I am sure the admin/mod's of this site could become involved.

It is clear to me this Uncle guy is a troll. He only comments on the postings of two members. All postings are of very negative content. While the word "nutcase" is harsh, it may be appropriate.
I think the so called troll is the short guy from providence RI who was recently banned.
JJ usually used bigger words, and has a better mastery of the languange.
IMO, USA CARRY is going to be a far better site due to the exdous of the "element" to the ranch.
This is first and formost a firearms, and carry website. Not a polical, or relgious place.
If this person known as the troll wishes to contrinue his nonsence, I am sure the admin/mod's of this site could become involved.

Interesting theory.

IMO, it is best if jerkoff's like this road rage guy do not know if you posses pepper, or firearms. If they cross the line, they will find out soon enough.
Showing them your means of protection could entice the jerkoff's into escalting the encouter up a notch or two. Showing the jerkoff your pistol could result in a criminal charge of brandishing a firearm.
My personal method of dealing with such jerkoff's is to smile, and get out of their way. Only a fool with a death wish would attempt to corner a perfect stranger in a full size car or truck, and who may be packing a large bore firearm.
In addition to pepper, and a carry firearm, one could always use the food at McDonalds as a weapon. Their table fare has killed millions.
One more thing. You cary both pepper, and a firearm at the same time?
Escalation of force comes to mind. If one reaches for the firearm first, when it can be legally proven that the pepper spray would of stopped an assult, criminal charges may be pressed against the person with the pepper, and CCW.
This is why I carry one or the other. I am not a LEO, and do not pretend to be one.

I might correct a bit here. I showed nothing except my pretty face to him. And the only thing he might be seeing from me is the stream, or the flash, and that would likely be the last thing he ever saw. I carry both since deadly force is not always defensible - the laws of TX are are specific, especially if the perp is just going for a fist fight. However, the scene plays out quickly, and it is usually apparent as to what level of force to use. Never said I was a LEO either, but I work with a bunch of em, and learned their tactics.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back