Right Choice?

Sheldon

Last Saturday my youngest son got married, his wife to be who is not anti gun requested no one wear their peace to the wedding or the reception after....

I usually wear my HK USP .45 pancake strong side, and a iTAC dual mag pouch weak side, which requires a belt.....

Wearing a tux prevents this, as they only have suspenders adding to the difficulty of CCW in a tux...

So did I do the right thing, carrying the XDM .40 in a Galco shoulder rig with two spare 18 round mags rather than try and wear a belt with the HK ;-)

To answer your question, yes. You got me thinking though...but then you said shoulder rig and I had a "duh" moment.

Too bad for her. I'd respect somebody's wishes if they didn't want me to carry in their home, but my son's wedding?? Like I said, too bad.

Absolutely the right thing to do.

If someone invites me into their home, they have a right to ask me to disarm. If they invite me to an event at a neutral location where carry is otherwise legal, it's none of their damned business whether or not I go heeled.

BTW, I don't disarm when a homeowner asks me to. I simply leave and tell them they are welcome to visit me at my home...where there are lots more guns.

You did the right thing...If I am invited to any place and/or event, if the first rule is to leave my gun at home, I do not go. One reason -- if they trust me enough to invite me to their event and/or their place and the host knows I am carrying, why the heck should I be asked to not bring my gun with me? They invited me, they invited with my gun too. No compromise there. I CC so no one else will know anyway...

Why couldn't the HK go in a shoulder rig? I turn a deaf ear if they say no guns. My motto " If I'm waring pants, I'm waring a gun." " Get used to it or get lost."

I'd like to know why she made this decision? My first thought was she is ok with it but someone else at the wedding voiced their anti-2nd attitude to her ... well, no matter.
I am interested that you chose a Galco Miami - I started a thread on wearing one a week or two ago and got some surprising responses that were mostly negative or "it's old fashioned," etc. I think it's a good choice and am heading that direction.
And you prove one point: the holster should fit the occasion.

Why couldn't the HK go in a shoulder rig? I turn a deaf ear if they say no guns. My motto " If I'm waring pants, I'm waring a gun." " Get used to it or get lost."

Basically because my shoulder rig is not big enough for the hk but the smaller framed XDM... N she had her reasons, open bar at the reception and i do not drink even beer....

The beauty of concealed carry is, no one needs to know whether you are carrying or not.
I wonder if a.) some of her family members and friends were likely to be offended by the presence of weapons, or b.) if she knew that certain people (those same family members and friends) there might imbibe too freely of the kickapoo joy juice and shouldn't be near firearms when that happens.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back