Ridiculous Article

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=140552&

Concealed carry won't bring peace

Once again, tragedy strikes and the NRA pops out of the woodwork -- Give every impulsive, low self-esteemed, road raging hot shot a pistol and we'll have peace on earth.

And this garbage about having safer streets when law-abiding citizens can carry weapons?

Murderers are usually law-abiding before they pull the trigger.

Familiarity with human nature is not an NRA strong-suit. Imagine the carnage at NIU if 20 or 30 armed and frightened students had opened fire.

Art Dulan

Palatine

How does something like this get past an editor and published. I mean, this is an actual newspaper. I posted my comment and I think you should comment with your opinion as well.

If all 30 armed students double tapped the shooter he would have stopped. This guy is nuts and of course the rest of the left believe him.

I gave my two cents. It is amazing that in Illinois, particularly Cook County, whenever a politician comes up with a hairbrained solution to fix whatever is ailing them, whether it is more gun control or more taxes, no one wants to step up and oppose it. I'm glad I don't live there.

Here's another one.

Link Removed

The clincher is that I recall serving in the military under "Gary Ishikawa". He was a LTC at the time, and was one of the instructors for a class on the M2. He specifically instructed us to NOT use the gun primarily on aircraft due to the slow rate of fire. We were told to use the M60 or M16 on aircraft. The
M2 was to be used on "ground targets" to include fighting positions and armored vehicles. It would be a streach, but he did say we could possibly down a hoovering helicopter. In the class, the "maximum effective range" we were taught was approx. 2 miles. In the article, he states "Shooting down airplanes. 4 miles distances."

Many inconsistancies in this article. I wrote an email to the reporter pointing out my observations. I haven't received a response. If I recall correctly, "Rambo" had a M60 and multiple other "small arms", can't recall seeing him using a .50 BMG.

Where's the "journalistic integrity"? :icon_sad:

gf

I read the article. What drivel. This supposed rifle enthusiast is an an idiot. Who would use a .50 cal round to hunt with? Why anyone that muzzleloads. The ignorance of some people astound me.

I don't think that it will do much good, but I posted a comment with the paper.

gf

Who needs integrity when all your followers are idiots? You can't ration with these people; that's why they're "erational".

The smart guys just out vote the dumb ones (we hope).

This is nuts. There's nothing inherent about a .50 cal that makes it particularly suitable for shooting down aircraft. You can shoot at a plane with a .50 cal rifle all day long and never hit something that matters - look at all the planes from WW I and II that would come back from missions filled with bullet holes but land just fine. On the other hand, you might shoot at a plane with a .30 carbine and hit something on the first try that will bring the whole thing down. It's part aim, part skill and part luck.

Anyway, who's running around Hawaii shooting at planes with a .50 caliber rifle to begin with? Probably no one - this sounds like unnecessary prevention. Besides, who that would do such a thing would be deterred by laws?

these idiot journalists must not like being free very much.. I wonder what they would have written about our founding fathers had they been alive at that time.

Yea, thanks. I know it probably doesn't do or mean much but I smile when I look at all the comments on his page now.

Link Removed

The clincher is that I recall serving in the military under "Gary Ishikawa". He was a LTC at the time, and was one of the instructors for a class on the M2. He specifically instructed us to NOT use the gun primarily on aircraft due to the slow rate of fire. We were told to use the M60 or M16 on aircraft. The
M2 was to be used on "ground targets" to include fighting positions and armored vehicles. It would be a streach, but he did say we could possibly down a hoovering helicopter. In the class, the "maximum effective range" we were taught was approx. 2 miles. In the article, he states "Shooting down airplanes. 4 miles distances."
Many inconsistancies in this article. I wrote an email to the reporter pointing out my observations. I haven't received a response. If I recall correctly, "Rambo" had a M60 and multiple other "small arms", can't recall seeing him using a .50 BMG.
gf

Well,in this particular article,the reporter did,at least,get remarks from both sides.He didn't seem to lean to the left very much,if at all.But,don't worry,I DO NOT agree with the Hawaiian cops.Could somebody kill innocents with this weapon?
Yes.
Could somebody kill innocents with a butcher knife?
Yes.
Could somebody kill innocents with a roofing hammer?
Yes.
Could somebody kill innocents with a car?
Yes.
Could somebody kill innocents with their bare hands?
Yes.
Infringement is infringement
And stupid is stupid.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back