RI Resident, looking to get CCW permit.

cgalipeau

I'm a 22 year old, currently in school for criminal justice. I'm looking to get a CCW permit because until i have my degree, i'd like to get involved in either Loss Prevention/Private Security. Alot of these companies require you have a CCW to apply. I've been told outright that the AG will deny pretty much everyone the first time. Is there any tips that a RI resident could give me in reguards to getting the CCW permit. I have had business relationships with a couple of members of my city's law enforcement, one of which is a procecuter, however i don't know if they'd go to bat for me with the Cheif. Any help that could be given would be appreciated.

I'm a 22 year old, currently in school for criminal justice. I'm looking to get a CCW permit because until i have my degree, i'd like to get involved in either Loss Prevention/Private Security. Alot of these companies require you have a CCW to apply. I've been told outright that the AG will deny pretty much everyone the first time. Is there any tips that a RI resident could give me in reguards to getting the CCW permit. I have had business relationships with a couple of members of my city's law enforcement, one of which is a procecuter, however i don't know if they'd go to bat for me with the Cheif. Any help that could be given would be appreciated.
Get hired contingent on getting the license. In Kansas, before they passed concealed carry those with the money and desire got licensed as a PI and the AG had discretion to issue a CWP under strict rules.
The PI license may not be honored in other states and you might be able to carry only will on the job [being paid]. But who knows, me, I'd move to NH or VT.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back