Retiring

missoak

I am already retired, & my wife will be in Sep. We are life long Michigan residents looking for a new place to call home.
Can someone here please be a good ambassador for your fine state? We like being around water, so a close proximity to
the ocean would be nice, but not so close as to be in harm's way from hurricanes.
We do not want to be within 25 miles of any large city, somewhere that we could buy some acreage.
Will appreciate your input.

Also pros & cons of gun ownership in Georgia.

Washington state. No income tax. Great gun laws. Puget sound area close to the water, far from Seattle - but not too far. Moderate weather year round, but there is a definite lack of sunny days int he summer. I've been stationed here 4 tours at Whidbey Island, I love it here and going to retire from the military here. Only drawback is that I think homes/property are a bit expensive compared to other places.

Washington state. No income tax. Great gun laws. Puget sound area close to the water, far from Seattle - but not too far. Moderate weather year round, but there is a definite lack of sunny days int he summer. I've been stationed here 4 tours at Whidbey Island, I love it here and going to retire from the military here. Only drawback is that I think homes/property are a bit expensive compared to other places.
I appreciate your reply, but we'd like to stay on the East Coast, closer to the "Family".

I think FL is more tax friendly than GA is and has far more coastal property available, 2 coasts

Georgia gun laws are some of the best of the states. Check georgiapacking.org and it will give you the gun laws in plain english. The east coast of Georgia has some nice property close to the ocean. I lived in Minnesota for many years, Oregon, Idaho and Colorado for years. I have found Georgia's climate to the be the best.

If you stay west of I-95, east of I-75, north of I-4, and south of I-20, that should be where you want to look. Come down and look around the area first to get a feel.

The things to worry about regarding hurricanes are (1) storm surge when it makes land fall, and (2) local flooding, based on the rainfall as it passes.

Your weather issue will be humidity from mid-June thorugh mid-September. You must have A/C in your house and vehicles.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back