Restricions on out of state ccw reciprocity

jamesrystad

Im traveling to St. Louis for business and i have a California ccw. I know my permit is valid in Mo, but i want to know if im bouns to the firearms on my permit. I read that Mo, you can carry any pistol with a ccw. I wonder if that is the case with reciprocity from a California ccw.
Any help is appreciated or links to information.

I would say that it would be a coin toss regarding what the opinions of the LEO, Prosecutor, and judge would be.

Heads: When in Missouri, Missouri law applies and they say your California permit is good and Missouri law has no requirements for specific firearms to be listed on the permit so you would be good to go.

Tails: Your California permit is only considered valid by California for the firearms listed on it. Missouri only recognizes valid permits from other states and if California would consider the permit to be invalid for any firearm not listed on the permit, then that permit is not valid in Missouri for any other firearm either.

Take your pick which way you hope the arresting LEO, prosecutor, and judge would see things.

Link Removed
Unlawful use of weapons--exceptions--penalties.

571.030. 1. A person commits the crime of unlawful use of weapons if he or she knowingly:

(1) Carries concealed upon or about his or her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or

4. Subdivisions (1), (8), and (10) of subsection 1 of this section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, a valid concealed carry endorsement issued before August 28, 2013, or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another state or political subdivision of another state.

Navy brings up an interesting point.

Do date, I have not seen any cases that would indicate your permit would be invalid in Missouri if you were not carrying the gun(s) allowed on your permit. But, stranger things have occurred.

YMMV

Thats what im wondering kind of a coin toss. I think i may call the states attorney general office and see if i get any help or something in writing...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back