Restaurant posts a Guns Are Welcome sign--biz picks up

longslide10

As many restaurants, including Starbucks, Sonic and Chili’s, tell customers to leave their guns at home, one restaurant in East Tennessee took a different approach — and gained quite a few customers.

Sharma Floyd, owner of Shiloh Brew and Chew, adopted a gun-friendly policy after she read about other restaurants banning firearms, WBIR-TV reported.

“[The other restaurant] had put up a sign that said ‘No Weapons Allowed’ and they were robbed at gunpoint two days later,” Floyd recounted. “That got me thinking.”

She posted a “Guns are Welcome” sign on the front door of her establishment about a month ago, and since then, she says business has really picked up.

“I can honestly say I’ve gotten way more support than the one person who really gave me a lot of grief over it,” said Floyd. ”I have had so many customers take pictures of the sign, ask to meet me in person, and thank me.”

Floyd says she keeps some safety precautions in mind — for instance, she won’t serve beer to customers who are carrying firearms — and so far the policy seems to be doing nothing but good things for her business.

“There have been as many as eight people in here at one time who I know for a fact had guns,” Floyd said. “And no one would have known it except I know them personally. They’re law abiding, god fearing, Christian people. And that’s what I stand on. That’s what my restaurant is based on. ”

Link Removed

We went to ck this place out yesterday, so being they were supposedly gun friendly I stashed the Glock and put on my slicked up Colt Commander, with my best OTB holster, and went now this place is about a 50 mile round trip for me, but what the hell, we were on the bike, its a relatively small place, good food, a country dude with a guitar, the owner Sharma, and her family run the place, the sign on the door was no big deal, its just a nice Family style place, she told me if she realized that little sign would have brought people in like it has, she would have put it up long ago, ...........and in case your wondering, not everybody in there was packin heat, and I really looked, there was my wife and I, and a off duty LEO that's a friend of the owners, she said from what she could see there has been well received reaction to the sign,

I called her last night, she said tuesday was by far the best single day she has had since the place opened two years ago, before the sign went up I guess the place was close to being out of business, but now its a complete turn around, if any of you guys live near, ck the place out, this women may have done more for our cause than a room full of opinionated stuffed shirts...........

Here is a video of an interview by local news. This story has gone international. Good for her.

Link Removed

Wow, I now want to visit Shiloh Brew and Chew and eat there.

In the town of Rifle, a very appropriate name for the town, in Colorado there is The Shooters Grill where the staff is armed. I ate there once, a really good restaurant. I seriously doubt anybody will be giving them any trouble.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back