Residency Requirement for Reciprocity

cvhoss

Has West Virginia dropped the residency requirement for accepting licenses? In other words, I am a Kansas resident with a Utah non-resident license. West Virginia does not accept my Kansas license and previously would not accept my Utah license as I was not a resident of the issuing state. I've heard that on July 1st, 2009, that changed and they will now accept non-resident licenses from any state that they recognize. Can anyone verify this as the reciprocity map on this site still indicates that West Virginia does NOT accept either of my licenses.

Hoss

Has West Virginia dropped the residency requirement for accepting licenses? In other words, I am a Kansas resident with a Utah non-resident license. West Virginia does not accept my Kansas license and previously would not accept my Utah license as I was not a resident of the issuing state. I've heard that on July 1st, 2009, that changed and they will now accept non-resident licenses from any state that they recognize. Can anyone verify this as the reciprocity map on this site still indicates that West Virginia does NOT accept either of my licenses.

Hoss

Take a look at this. . .

Link Removed

WV HB 3314 took effect July 10, 2009 according to the bill status page, however it was approved by the Governor on May 10, 2009. Bills become law 90 days after passage so technically it should be Aug 10, 2009 where the bill takes affect.

Keep in mind that the State legislature site has not updated the WVC nor has the Link Removed.

I'd ask WV SP when they are going to update their FAQ or consult WVCDL.

I've heard that on July 1st, 2009, that changed and [WV] will now accept non-resident licenses from any state that they recognize.

I heard the same; I think the map-application here is behind the times. Link Removed did recently change the map there to show that WV is no longer one of the "yellow" states. My FL permit now authorizes me to be safe in WV, but I have no reason to ever go there.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back