Residency Issue For CCW Permit, PLEASE HELP!!!

edward.matchem

I'm an ARMY active duty member currently stationed in FT. Campbell KY. I will be going on leave soon and would like to get a CCW in California for legit protection when I go home, but one of the requirements is having 2 bills to show proof or residency and I no longer have any bills or mail going to an address there period. California is still my legal state of residence so I pay state taxes, My drivers license is from California and my home record for the ARMY is in California. Basically what I'm looking for is information on any way to get it without having proof of physical presence in California or any exemptions for military personnel with legal residence in a state that would help.

I'm an ARMY active duty member currently stationed in FT. Campbell KY. I will be going on leave soon and would like to get a CCW in California for legit protection when I go home, but one of the requirements is having 2 bills to show proof or residency and I no longer have any bills or mail going to an address there period. California is still my legal state of residence so I pay state taxes, My drivers license is from California and my home record for the ARMY is in California. Basically what I'm looking for is information on any way to get it without having proof of physical presence in California or any exemptions for military personnel with legal residence in a state that would help.

I can't speak with personal experience regarding concealed carry licensing in California, but have found that most states will accept a driver's license as proof. California appears to be relatively friendly to military members and even issues (at least to an equivalent level as residents) to non-resident military members assigned there on permanent change of station orders.

Recommend contacting the Sheriff's office who would issue your permit and ask how they would handle your application. Perhaps they will allow it based on your driver's license alone.

I did talk to the Sheriff's office and I was told it would be a hard sell with just my ID so I should try and get 2 bills in my name there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using USA Carry mobile app

I did talk to the Sheriff's office and I was told it would be a hard sell with just my ID so I should try and get 2 bills in my name there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using USA Carry mobile app

It sounds like you know what to do then. I wouldn't have anything else to suggest. Do any bills suffice (e.g. a magazine subscription)? Or are they looking for home-related such as cable or utilities?

I sure wish some states would stop making it so hard for military members to exercise their rights. I'm active duty in IL (and a legal PA resident) and can't conceal carry here unless I get an IL driver's license. Frustrating.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back