Renewed

samriley

Hey, just got my CCW renewed, good for another 5 yrs. Iv'e been thinking about buying another 1911, with a 3.5" barrel, that way I can use all my leather and clips Iv'e already got, and maby be a little liter to cary as my main carry gun is 5.5" and is just a little difficult to conceal. Iv'e found a COLT 1911 at a local pawn shop for around $500 with the shorter barrel, any advice on this??? I appreciate any input good or bad, or maby a different option???

Hey, just got my CCW renewed, good for another 5 yrs. Iv'e been thinking about buying another 1911, with a 3.5" barrel, that way I can use all my leather and clips Iv'e already got, and maybe be a little liter to carry as my main carry gun is 5.5" and is just a little difficult to conceal. Iv'e found a COLT 1911 at a local pawn shop for around $500 with the shorter barrel, any advice on this??? I appreciate any input good or bad, or maybe a different option???
If the 3-1/2" gun has the short butt, your full size magazines fill work with a caution. The magazine is 1/2" longer and can be forced too far into the frame and go past the magazine catch. This can jam the gun and perhaps damage the magazine.

There are several options for magazine based pads that prevent the problem.
Link Removed
Chip McCormick Custom - Base Pads

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back