Renewal of Class A LTC

usvet

Hi All,

I have been out of touch in the forums for some time, and am happy to be back. I was wondering when should I start the renewal process on my LTC. It is coming up for renewal this year in June, and received a reminder in the mail as well. Thanks

In my state, we are not allowed to renew more than 60 days before our license is out of date, so I searched your application process and didn't not see a similar restriction.

With that said, I would have to agree with GB-Boater.

If you have a green Police Chief (LTC friendly) ask, it was running 120 days plus backlog last summer. It's not the towns that hold up the new or renewals, its the State review dept. Check with GOAL (the states Gun Advocacy Rights group) one of their links will have current some info Link Removed and the followers at Northeastshooters: Link Removed

I just got my permit right before Christmas. It took 3.5 months to get to my door. While the government shut down likely slowed it down, I was told when I applied for it that the lead time was running 3 months. I would apply as soon as possible.

I realize that this is getting to be an old thread but with the new gun laws on 2014 renewal should no longer be a problem. Under the new law as long as you apply for renewal BEFORE your license expires (even 1 day prior to expiration) your license will remain valid for all purposes past the expiration date until the State either renews your license or denies the renewal. Make sure that you keep and carry with you a copy of the receipt that the police dept. gives you when you apply for renewal.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back