Removing the Ambi safety on a Springfield EMP. Need Help.

LS-208

GUNFRK
After searching, I have not found any good tips on this yet, but I was wondering if anyone had any good tips on pulling the Ambi safety on a Springfield EMP. Either I don't have enough finger strength, or I need to do something different. Anyone have a good tip on making it a little easier? Been trying for 2 days.

Why would you want to remove it?
What if yourstrong hand becomes disabled and you need to use your weak hand???

Well, the only thing holding on the ambi safety in is the grip panel. Remove the grip panel and the ambi will pull out. Then buy a sindle sided safety, bring it and you gun to a gumsmith and have him install the new single sided safety. No you can't use 1/2 of the ambi safety

Why would you want to remove it?
What if yourstrong hand becomes disabled and you need to use your weak hand???

Because everytime I holster the pistol, I feel myself touching the right-side safety tab. I have to make a constant concious effort to recheck it numerous times to make sure I havent knocked it off safe mode. I want to replace it with a lower profile single-sided safety for the reason of less protrusion and less OCD when holstering and carrying. I can pretty easily click it off with either hand on the left side.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back