Rem 700 Tactical Scope?

17Load

I'm looking for inputs on which scope to put on a new Remington 700 AAC-SD. Its a 308 w/a 20" heavy barrel. I'd like a Mil-dot w/plenty of reach.

Thanks for any inputs!

You can never go wrong with Leupold, NightForce of S&B. DO not let price keep you from getting good quality glass..

You are going to spend as much or more on good glass as you did on the rifle. I have a Leupold in my 700 and love it. Don't slack on the glass.

Thanks. I was already thinking Leupold Mark 4, but am just trying to decide on the magnification/specifications.

Thanks. I was already thinking Leupold Mark 4, but am just trying to decide on the magnification/specifications.
What are you planning on shooting at and how far? A straight 10 power can do very out to 600 plus yards. Variable scopes let you get out a allot further and see the target clearly. I have a 700 in 6.5 creedmore with a Leupold 8.5- 25 50mm with tm recital and without the lighted recital ( I do not like them ) and it has proven a outstanding 1000 yard rifle/ scope combination. I have other but that one was built last year and I have been all kind of pleased with it.

Well I'm not actually sure but I don't want the glass to limit my options, so I'd rather make sure I can reach out to the reasonable distance of a .308. I've been thinking of a variable magnification up to 20X or 25X, front focal, 40-50 mil and with an illuminated reticle. I'm going to mostly do some target shooting until I can get proficient and then use it for hunting.

Well I'm not actually sure but I don't want the glass to limit my options, so I'd rather make sure I can reach out to the reasonable distance of a .308. I've been thinking of a variable magnification up to 20X or 25X, front focal, 40-50 mil and with an illuminated reticle. I'm going to mostly do some target shooting until I can get proficient and then use it for hunting.
First how far do you plan on shooting? As already I know lots of folks who shoot high power who run straight 10 power. The things you need to decide is what your shooting? How far will you be shooting? Where will you be shooting? You need to answer those questions first.

Well Zombies, of course. Up to 1K yards at an outdoor range. The faster ones will go first followed by the fat, slow ones... So pretty much long range target shooting between now and the apocalypse.

Thanks for the inputs. I want to be able to hone my long range skills so I'd like to be able to reach out to the rifle's limits without running out of glass to reach there.

I had a Nightforce on my 700 for a long time.... That's where my vote lies. Even though I have a bit less expensive scope on it at the moment.Link Removed

look at 6.5-20x50 Leupold VX
Its going on a .204 or 22-250 but right now I have it on a SIG556.
No spotting Scope is needed at 300yds or less.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back