reloading question

rickwomack44

I enjoy reloading my own ammo. But is there a goal to what can be accomplished in reloading . How do you go about doing it

I also reload my own ammo. I do it for several reasons. 1) the cost of reloading to buying factory ammo, 2) recoil I can make loads that don't have big recoil and 3) less wear and tear on the firearm. It's also away to find a load that is not only right for your shooting style but is also one that works well in the firearm.

One of the big reasons I am getting into it, aside from those listed above, is availability of factory ammo. However, I'm running into an issue buying powder right now, so....

Reloader54 is right on the money with his reasons for reloading . I found it's also a great way to get my grandson interested in shooting, he has been reloading with me since he was 4 and last dove season ( his first to shoot) he shot his dove with loads he made himself . Talk about proud both my grandson and myself, what great fun.

If you want the best accuracy, you can tune the ammo to your gun. Every rifle seems to have a favorite ammo, two rifles of the same make and model may shoot more accurately with different ammo. Different bullets, bullet weights, powders, primers, or velocities can effect accuracy, it can take alot of experimenting to find the best load for your particular rifle. Bench rest shooters are fanatical, and are always trying different loads, hoping to get all shots in one hole. Although re-loaded ammo is cheaper, after the expense of buying loading equipment, a chronograph, bullets, primers, powder etc., it takes along time before you start saving money. For many, re-loading is an enjoyable hobby in itself. If this all sounds like more than you are interested in doing, you can still try different bullet weights, ammo brands, and find out which performs best in your gun.

The question makes no sense. The goal is to be able to shoot more and better.
The goal is whatever you want it to be--you can reload or hand load.

I reload for the same reason that was stated but alsoI seen too many tim ethat cast my own boolts also. It is easy to make your ammo fit the gun you have not what the factory try to have you think.I shot factory ammo ,and the gun shot ok but when i shoot the reloads I done then it better then what you would buy for factory rounds.

Base minimum cost to start your own reloading? Also, if you have no garage or basement, is it such a good idea? Curious about reloading also.

Base minimum cost? Handgun, straight-wall cases? $25 Lee Reloading Press, set of Lee dies (includes shell holder). $10 Lee Ram Prime, use supplied dipper and appropriate powders and bullet weights per Lee loads with die set. Add a powder measure/powder scale and build up from there.
Clean cases outside and reload inside.
You can do what you want to do. If you don't want to, then you won't.

It will cost you to start like anything else . If you really want to get into it you will find a place to do it . you do not need a fancy place to do it.Just find a place or corner and work from there.If you get into casting just do it when the weather is warm. The part that cost the most in the long run is the brass.If you save all your brass then you can get many reloads if you do not max out the charge, Like was stated to buy the supplies in bulk. I do rifle and handgun and shotgun.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back