Religion of peace NOT!!

Ron I do not believe that if someone has truly been born again they will be judged at all.
Romans 8
1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Scripture does say our works will be judged however. Bottom line, Know Jesus Know peace. No Jesus no peace.

You're correct HK, no condemnation for those who are truly born again. You're also correct when you say that our works will be judged, however this judgment will be at the Bema Seat of Christ, for those who are truly born again, to receive REWARDS for those works, not condemnation.

HK that's one I have to disagree with. I believe that all will be judged according to their life and be rewarded accordingly. Take a look at Romans chapter 14 verse 10-12 and 2 Corinthians chapter 5 verse 9 & 10 and let me know what you think. There are many more that say basically the same thing but those were the first to pop into mind.

If that be the case then how much sin is enough to keep us out of heaven and how many good works is enough to get us in. Scripture tells us "He that has the Son has life and he that has not the Son of God has not life" I will however check out the scripture you quoted and get back with you later. By the way I agree rewarded yes but that means the rewards we have in heaven i.e. crowns but not eternal judgement.

Bohemian, Ringo, Hk this is something we will never know until we're there before God. Jesus said he was the way, the only way, to the rewards of heaven. We may believe slightly different things but in the end those who sincerely seek forgiveness will be rewarded. Be you meek, honest, or a believer there's a reward for all who follow the word. But then only a few will enter Heaven.

All sins is pretty inclusive, with the only qualifying exclusion; being a sin against the holy spirit being don't you think?

I don't read any additional criteria into judgment therein...

Do you have any passages you recommend regarding that for further pontification?

The Holy Spirit leads all to believe and worship Christ. To reject Christ as Lord and Savior is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. If one rejects Christ as Lord and savior, sin will not be forgiven.

Bohemian, Ringo, Hk this is something we will never know until we're there before God. Jesus said he was the way, the only way, to the rewards of heaven. We may believe slightly different things but in the end those who sincerely seek forgiveness will be rewarded. Be you meek, honest, or a believer there's a reward for all who follow the word. But then only a few will enter Heaven.

Only a "born again believer" will enter Heaven. Being meek or honest by itself will get you nowhere.

You might consider mentioning the fact that the extremist radical MINORITY you seem to be referring to is a very SMALL minority within the overall population of the Muslim religion. And don't forget that all religions have extremist radical fundamentalist minorities, sects, cults, what-have-you.

:fie:And that figure would be 10% which equals in rough numbers 100,000,000 people.....:wacko:

If that be the case then how much sin is enough to keep us out of heaven and how many good works is enough to get us in.

One sin will keep you out of Heaven. No works will get you into Heaven, not one. There is nothing that we can do to get us into Heaven, Jesus did it all on the cross. Nothing but the blood of Jesus will save us or get us into Heaven.

Only a "born again believer" will enter Heaven. Being meek or honest by itself will get you nowhere.

No argument there. In fact I'm in total agreement with what you said. Jesus is the only way and he must be accepted. This doesn't mean there won't be some sort of judgment. My reference to meek, etc. was maybe a too veiled reference to "the meek will inherit the Earth". Each individual will be rewarded for accepting Christ and following the teachings of the Bible. I think our only difference is in how the reward is going to be given. This gets us back to the OP and how people, believing different things, can go a separate way and their faith changes because of that. It's happened in Christianity and it's happened with Muslims. There are many different Christian faiths and two major Muslim faiths (many more minor ones). It is not the faith but people who change.

ronwill;154854[B said:
There are many different Christian faiths and two major Muslim faiths (many more minor ones). It is not the faith but people who change[/B].

When people change, their faith also changes, and vise versa. Jesus said that the greatest sign in the End Times pointing to His return would be the sign of APOSTASY, (a falling away from the faith) and nothing is more evident today. There are people who call themselves Christian's and vote for a political party, and of course candidate, that are responsible for (abortions) the murder of babies in the mothers womb. There are churches that call themselves Christian and tolerate and accept every kind of sin within their congregation, "having the form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof". I'm not going any further with it here except to say this; after the Rapture the majority of churches will still be full. God say's, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked. God knows the secrets of our heart and therefor no one can deceive Him. Jesus predicted that some would claim His name, but deny Him in their actions. Jesus condemned the replacing of God's commandments with tradition and human reason. Matthew 19:17 Jesus warned: "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not preached in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name? And then I will declare to them, I never knew you, depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness"! There are many Christian denominations ronwill, but only ONE Christian Faith. Don't be deceived.

I'm not going any further with it here except to say this; after the Rapture the majority of churches will still be full.

Here's what I said in an earlier post: "I don't believe this "few" will all come from a single faith but from many because they obeyed the teachings of the Bible not because they were Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Pentecostal, or any other organized church."

We agree on everything except "all being judged". Jesus will forgive every sin, except one, if asked with a sincere heart. Many will be left behind and only a few will enter heaven. I think it's only the judgment part we differ on.

Here's what I said in an earlier post: "I don't believe this "few" will all come from a single faith but from many because they obeyed the teachings of the Bible not because they were Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Pentecostal, or any other organized church."

We agree on everything except "all being judged". Jesus will forgive every sin, except one, if asked with a sincere heart. Many will be left behind and only a few will enter heaven. I think it's only the judgment part we differ on.

ronwill

I don't follow you here. What sin will Jesus not forgive? One cannot enter Heaven guilty of even one sin no matter how sincere your heart is. And how do we differ on judgment? The Bible is clear that there are TWO JUDGMENTS-1) The Judgment Seat of Christ or Bema Seat (Rewards-Crowns/Christians)& 2) The White Throne Judgment at the end of the Millennium (second death) where all people throughout history who died in their sins will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

This whole Muslin thing is merely the currently "politically correct" flavor of racist bigotry, and you are all guilty of it.

Some mindsets just gravitate towards that type thing. Not really your fault, I suppose.

ronwill

I don't follow you here. What sin will Jesus not forgive? One cannot enter Heaven guilty of even one sin no matter how sincere your heart is. And how do we differ on judgment? The Bible is clear that there are TWO JUDGMENTS-1) The Judgment Seat of Christ or Bema Seat (Rewards-Crowns/Christians)& 2) The White Throne Judgment at the end of the Millennium (second death) where all people throughout history who died in their sins will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

Maybe we're having a "failure to communicate" :laugh: I guess we're closer in belief than we are different.

After reading all of the posts above, I have come to the conclusion that the majority of those posting have NOT read the Bible, as most all verses used were used out of context. One thing everyone needs to remember, regardless of how much God (kills), or demands killing, verses the writings in the Quran demanding Killing: The books in the Old Testement are over 2000 years old, the books in the New Testement start (I am guessing) at about 1800 -1900 years old. The Quran is about (as I am not absolutely sure I will guess) 1400 - 1700 years old. My point is that the mindset of man was a lot different 2000 years ago on how man delt with man. Most all people have changed and become more compassionate towards their fellow man. Muslims (as a majority) have not, and will not change (as can be seen on TV, in the news, anywhere,everywhere). Where Christians, Jews, and even athiests have more or less changed with the times. There are the oddball cases; Jim Jones, Waco, bombing abortion clinics. Even the Jews terrorist bombings in the late 30s, early 40s do not even come close to the modern mass killing that muslims do, and have been doing in Pakistan, Afganistan, Iraq, Iran.

After reading all of the posts above, I have come to the conclusion that the majority of those posting have NOT read the Bible, as most all verses used were used out of context. One thing everyone needs to remember, regardless of how much God (kills), or demands killing, verses the writings in the Quran demanding Killing: The books in the Old Testement are over 2000 years old, the books in the New Testement start (I am guessing) at about 1800 -1900 years old. The Quran is about (as I am not absolutely sure I will guess) 1400 - 1700 years old. My point is that the mindset of man was a lot different 2000 years ago on how man delt with man. Most all people have changed and become more compassionate towards their fellow man. Muslims (as a majority) have not, and will not change (as can be seen on TV, in the news, anywhere,everywhere). Where Christians, Jews, and even athiests have more or less changed with the times. There are the oddball cases; Jim Jones, Waco, bombing abortion clinics. Even the Jews terrorist bombings in the late 30s, early 40s do not even come close to the modern mass killing that muslims do, and have been doing in Pakistan, Afganistan, Iraq, Iran.

Throughout all history the only thing that hasn't changed is the nature of man. Given the opportunity, this is evident everywhere and in every century. The worst is yet to come.

Maybe we're having a "failure to communicate" :laugh: I guess we're closer in belief than we are different.
ronwill, I don't find any failure to communicate, only failure on your part to answer me a very simple question. I'll ask you again; what is the ONE SIN that Jesus cannot forgive? The question is important because, if Jesus' shed blood and death on the cross was insufficient to accomplish God's plan of salvation, in that there is even ONE SIN that Jesus cannot forgive, then the Bible is a lie. :pleasantry:

ronwill, I don't find any failure to communicate, only failure on your part to answer me a very simple question. I'll ask you again; what is the ONE SIN that Jesus cannot forgive? The question is important because, if Jesus' shed blood and death on the cross was insufficient to accomplish God's plan of salvation, in that there is even ONE SIN that Jesus cannot forgive, then the Bible is a lie. :pleasantry:

Hmm, thought I'd answered that in a previous post. Read Mathew chapter 12 and the following versus:

31: Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.

32: Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back