Recuriting Women to the 2nd Amendment

Firefly

The more women that can be brought in to the shooting sports the stronger the 2nd Amendment and our Right to defend ourselves becomes. I'd like to challenge every guy out there to recruit one female into the sport and, if possible, walk her through the conceal carry process. It can be your wife, mother, sister, aunt, neighbor...anyone. Let's strengthen our gun rights by increasing our numbers at the range and the polls.

I'm a woman who's been shooting all her life. I own my own firearms. I have my conceal carry permit. I'm an Armed Security Officer. I'm a member of the NRA. I belong to a women's shooting group that is 3,000+ strong all over the country. We're out there and we're growing by leaps and bounds. We're not the only women's shooting group out there either. We don't really need a guy to help recruit us. Oh, yeah, AND I VOTE!

No guy recruited me either. However, I did recruit my husband to take the concealed carry class with me and our daughter.

Oh really?

I'm amazed that anyone would take offense to my call to make efforts to bring more women into the shooting sports. Maybe that's why so many men don't even try to incorporate women into other activities. Yours is a very Feminist attitude, taking offense when only help was being offered. Take that chip off your shoulder and you'll be a happier person. To others, try not to let women like this discourage you from offering help to others who would appreciate it. My sister is 74 and had never shot a gun of any type. With my help and encouragement she is now a gun owner and conceal carry permit holder. Not all women are looking to be offended.

I can appreciate your idea. Although the women on this board are not as rare a bird as they once were. Anytime you can get another lawful person on our team is a good thing. My husband likes guns but really doesn't care to carry one or even shoot for that matter. But the only time he would not have the upper hand would be against someone with a gun.

Greetings! I don't think that women are offended by your post. I think they might be just pointing out that they are the exception to the rule. I am new to gun ownership and just received my conceal carry permit, also. I was the one who dragged my husband to the CPL class and, although he was hesitant at first, we are now both enthusiastic about gun ownership and our new responsibility as gun owners and concealed carry rights. When I went to the County Clerk office to apply for my CPL, the woman who helped me said she has been amazed at the increased number of women applying. This is great news and, yes, we need to recruit as many women as possible. At the same time, we need to recruit men, too. The more men and women we have in our ranks, the better. I read somewhere that we should encourage as many people as possible to get their CPL even if they don't carry or even if they don't own a gun. Politicians look at numbers if millions of us have CPL's, then that is a voting constituency that can be powerful.

Thanks for your encouragement! I am now working on getting my daughter to apply for her CPL. She was adamantly against it at first but, my husband and I took her to the range and she shot our rifle (a 22 Ruger Takedown) and our Glocks and she wants to go with us again! Although she was fearful at first, just like me, I believe she felt empowered that she could actually overcome her fear. Little by little, all we need to do is be encouraging.

That was my point. Many men may believe most women have no interest so why bother. A little encouragement goes a long way in both directions. Men who are active in shooting sports usually don't have to be nudged to get their sons and male friends involved. Glad you are enjoying your firearm experience.

I'm a woman who's been shooting all her life. I own my own firearms. I have my conceal carry permit. I'm an Armed Security Officer. I'm a member of the NRA. I belong to a women's shooting group that is 3,000+ strong all over the country. We're out there and we're growing by leaps and bounds. We're not the only women's shooting group out there either. We don't really need a guy to help recruit us. Oh, yeah, AND I VOTE!

I grew up around guns and my step-father was a big advocate on safety and education. So many fear guns from lack of familiarity and/or ignorance about them which is sad. My husband and I both hunt (gun and archery) and we have several handguns for personal defense. I actually went through the class and got my concealed carry permit before he did! I am a member of the NRA and USCCA and USA Carry is my "go-to" site for information, news and new releases of all things gun related. I too am a registered voter and I have really started researching and scrutinizing candidates (even for small local positions) starting with the McCain/Obama election. You can probably guess who got my vote that year ;)

Hi ladies & gents! Did you ever know anyone in the military who did not have a weapon? Well, that's me......the administrative peep. Retired now and so into shooting! Hubby started me out with a .45 Glock. I know, it has a hell of a kick, but I am loving it. Felt I was missing something from that basic training 26 years ago, so I signed up and took the NRA Basic Pistol. Yep, I was missing a lot! So here I am; completed Pro-Marksman, Marksman & Marksman 1st Class Winchester NRA shooting. Next, Sharpshooter and on to Defensive Pistol Training. Who know at my age, I'd love shooting!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back