Recommendations for EDC Choice

Daryl Coda

I'm looking for a tough folder with a clip that I can use for light duty hiking and camping and also for EDC. $100.00 max. 3" blade max. I know there are a lot of choices. Any recommendations based on your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Daryl Coda

Nice looking and reasonably priced. Do you have any experience with the Kershaw Leek or the Benchmade Mini Griptillian?

Of the two manufacturers I've only owned a Benchmade Auto Triage, which is much better quality than the Voyager but priced for it also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Smith& Wesson M&P assisted opening knife. The blade is a little hard to sharpen, but it holds a good edge for a while. I use it for EDC and actually use it several times a day at work. The inly thing I didn't like about it was that the screws for the clip keeps coming loose. Some black Loc-Tite can fix that though. One end of the knife also has a glass breaker built into it. It cold be used as designed if needed, or on a body part like a tactical pen would be used. What's even better, you could buy 2 with your budget.

I have a Smith& Wesson M&P assisted opening knife. The blade is a little hard to sharpen, but it holds a good edge for a while. I use it for EDC and actually use it several times a day at work. The inly thing I didn't like about it was that the screws for the clip keeps coming loose. Some black Loc-Tite can fix that though. One end of the knife also has a glass breaker built into it. It cold be used as designed if needed, or on a body part like a tactical pen would be used. What's even better, you could buy 2 with your budget.

I have that very same knife as my EDC. I can report that the glass breaker does work as designed. It's a beefy heavy knife but thats the way I like them.

Kershaw cryo. Great knife that doesn't break the bank. It's a little heavy compared to others but no big deal

Sent from my SM-G920T using USA Carry mobile app

Allow me to throw in my $0.02, believe me it's worth a buck twenty-five. In my professional opinion as an experienced pistolero, the very best non-lethal weapon is a gun. You can use it to pistol whip someone or wing them in the leg. And, if the situation suddenly becomes deadly force, you can blow their brains out.

I'm looking for a tough folder with a clip that I can use for light duty hiking and camping and also for EDC. $100.00 max. 3" blade max. I know there are a lot of choices. Any recommendations based on your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Daryl Coda
A Stanly folding box cutter for $10, and/or a Gerber molti-tool for $30.

Yeah I know these don't have that tacticool feel but they're inexpensive and get the job don.

Allow me to throw in my $0.02, believe me it's worth a buck twenty-five. In my professional opinion as an experienced pistolero, the very best non-lethal weapon is a gun. You can use it to pistol whip someone or wing them in the leg. And, if the situation suddenly becomes deadly force, you can blow their brains out.
I got the impression OP is asking about a hiking/camping tool, not a weapon.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back