Reciprocity Question.

Regulator99

I know ND has requested reciprocity with a few states due to the new testing requirements for obtaining the class 1 ccw permit. I noticed the decisions from the other states are still pending. Anyone know when or if there is a deadline for these states to make a decision? I believe any changes usually come around the first of the year but i guess im not positive. Ive been digging around for a while trying to find any info i can but, I cant seem to find any. Really the only state I am curious about is MN. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.......Chris.

great question, I've been waiting on this one myself. The last I heard was that we were still waiting on the other states to make a decision as well. The paperwork probably just got lost in the mail ;p

I don't think there is really a deadline. You have to figure that the other state must review your state's requirements and then determine if they meet their standards. Bureaucracy takes time.

To partially answer my own question, it appears MN has again DENIED reciprocity with us North Dakotans. I dont really understand. The new Class 1 permit and the requirements to get it would seem to be enough for them to allow reciprocity. What more do they want?

Regulator99 said:
What more do they want?

From the ND Attorney General's Website:

This state excludes certain classes of applicants (e.g. those convicted of any drug/alcohol offense) and has determined ND's laws are not as restrictive as its laws; therefore reciprocity is not possible.

I guess we're still too relaxed on this side of the river.

funny i was going to ask a question just like this i carry a NH permit and ND says they have not heard from NH yet but i called Nh andthey said they have full rep with ND so i call ND again and she said wow we did not know that so is it leagal for me to carry? ND says ask NH NH say yup so....

funny i was going to ask a question just like this i carry a NH permit and ND says they have not heard from NH yet but i called Nh andthey said they have full rep with ND so i call ND again and she said wow we did not know that so is it leagal for me to carry? ND says ask NH NH say yup so....

I would say you should be good to go... although... I'm no lawyer but, noone should even know that your packing heat anyway, unless you need to go to work with it. Then it should be justified anyways, and I would rather try and explain why I had a CC on me (whether or not I had the permit) than be dead at the hands of some degenerate bad guy...

But just to be on the safe side, you may want to get that statement in writing from NH. Just a thought

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back