Reciprocity Law

Soup76

Hello everyone! I'm traveling cross-country this summer and trying to familiarize myself with the reciprocity agreements of each state. Some are codified, others are simply AG agreements.

My permit is from Michigan, and while I'm fairly comfortable with what's posted on the Missouri AG website, I'm trying to find the specific verbiage within Missouri law that states out-of-state permits recognition.

AG simply pushes me to Chapter 571 of the Missouri Statutes...and I can't find the definitive statement regarding out-of-state permits.

Any one know where it might be?

A good source of information is Handgunlaw.us.
“571.107. 1. A concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, a valid concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, or a concealed carry endorsement or permit issued by another state or political subdivision of another state shall authorize the person in whose name the permit or endorsement is issued to carry concealed firearms on or about his or her person or vehicle throughout the state.”
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/missouri.pdf

Here is the link to the State of Missouri site for that quote. You can also click on the pdf link above and then the highlighted 571.101 text in the pdf and review the whole Missouri law on CCW.
Link Removed

A good source of information is Handgunlaw.us.

Thanks very much! I had seen that site occasionally...but had overlooked it in my effort to find the exact statute.

I didn't even think about the quick reference cards with the references. Thanks for the assist!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back