Received concealed carry permit early...

Islander

Greetings fellow Sheepdogs, LEOs, Operators, and Patriots (all are Patriots of course):

Received my South Carolina CWP 3 weeks early (around Novemeber 10; Dec. 1 would have been 90 days). Maybe things have slowed a little.

On travel, so it will be another few days until I can exercise my rights in South Carolina. Can't wait!

Best to all,
I

Same here, Islander. I had been expecting mine in mid December. I came home yesterday after a shoot and it was in the mailbox. What a great surprise!

So now it's a reality, not just an idea. It changes the way you think about it.
C

bbarton,
it took eleven weeks and five days. That's less than 90 days and SLED still apologized for the "delay". Are you waiting on yours?

arnold102

Hi. I'm in South Ga.in what's called the coastal plain in Georgia.
I guess i'm one of the lucky one's.I got my first Firearms License in 1987 (I think.) and every five years since.The coast has bounced around from $43 to as litttle as $13.Mine usually comes in within 14 to 21 days.The hassel is that theoffices are about 3 miles part.
When you get the first liscense you definitely feel different. you tend to stay farther inside the laws and watch other people closer. When the FBI looks at your fingerprints at least every 5 years ,it gives you more confidence that no one is looking for you, even if you were always clean.

arnold102 :

bbarton,
it took eleven weeks and five days. That's less than 90 days and SLED still apologized for the "delay". Are you waiting on yours?

Yes, but it has only been five weeks (exactly today) so I still have a ways to go.

Congrats on both of you for getting it sooner. It gives me hope! :)

Yes, but it has only been five weeks (exactly today) so I still have a ways to go.

Congrats on both of you for getting it sooner. It gives me hope! :)

bbarton,
I sent a note to my CCP instructor and he said SLED told him they were "streamlining" the process. Apparently they have done this, so you have good reason to hope!
C in SC

Don't feel bad about the wait. I waited 10 months for mine. I have a buddy who has been "In the Process" here in NY for 3 months now and he just met with the investigation officer. During his meeting, he was told that he's got at least another 6 months of waiting before he even gets to see the Judge :/

Ohio ccw

My friend filed for his on a Friday and got it the next Monday. Just a little over one week. That really surprised me. They tell me the county I am in is getting better about getting them out. My renew took 2 weeks...

Don't feel bad about the wait. I waited 10 months for mine. I have a buddy who has been "In the Process" here in NY for 3 months now and he just met with the investigation officer. During his meeting, he was told that he's got at least another 6 months of waiting before he even gets to see the Judge :/

Wow, that is quite a wait. To me, it seems like an abuse of power because there is no reason that it should take one week in one state and then 10 months in another.

Inactive Reserve peace officer

Hello fellas, I was inquiring about carrying off duty. For those who are familiar w/ CA and the L.A. area. I'm currently an inactive Level II Reserve Peace Officer and attended the LASD Reserve Academy. I resigned from a local Police Department and I'm currently working for an Executive Protection Firm. I have an exposed firearm permit and guard card. I carry on private property, however when we are traveling w/ our clients in the public, only agents w/ CCW's can carry. I wanted to see if it is possible for me to obtain one now or would it be easier if I become an active reserve again?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back